Job Title: Branch Manager (2 Career Jobs)
Organisation: Bank of Africa – Uganda Ltd. (BOA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Manager
Bank of Africa – Uganda Ltd. is part of Groupe Bank Of Africa (BOA) comprising 16 Commercial Banks, 3 Leasing Companies, 2 Investment Companies, a Stock Brokerage Company, an Asset Management Company and a Mortgage Bank. It spans 15 African countries and France, employing over 5,000 people. BOA believes in Transparency, Expertise, Proximity and Responsibility.
Job Summary: The Branch Manager is charged with the development and implementation of business strategies to deliver branch performance and growth targets while ensuring effective overall Branch Management including staff growth and development, business growth and development and operational and service excellence.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- The BOA Branch manager will periodically prepare the branch budget and branch business strategy, and guide all branch activities to support the achievement of Branch goals and the Bank’s goals overall.
- Oversee and actively monitor the financial performance of the branch with the aim of driving Branch profitability.
- Take lead of the Branch team in scanning and structuring the market so as to identify sales opportunities to achieve business targets while meeting customers’ expectations.
- Continuously monitoring and controlling the branch business performance in liaison with the Relationship Officers in regard to annual objectives and sales campaigns.
- Propose, champion and coordinate the execution of Branch Sales initiatives in support of Branch business goals, and drive new business acquisition by selling Bank products to new clients.
- Steer a culture of great service and quality relationship management in order to retain and develop customers, in order to expand the Bank’s wallet-share build brand loyalty.
- Prepare and analyse quality credit applications for presentation to credit committee.
- Periodically review all branch reports and oversee daily operations of all areas of the branch.
- Check and forward daily and weekly reports to Head office departments.
- Manage and monitor team workflow at the branch in line with set targets.
- Ensure service delivery standards are maintained in the branch
- Ensure that all branch staff comply with statutory regulations and bank internal procedure
- Spearhead corporate social responsibility to improve visibility for the bank with in the Branch’s territories
- Monitoring the overstepping reports and advising management accordingly
- Monitoring of commercial risk and debt collection activities to minimise non-performing assets and other losses
- Manage, motivate and develop the Branch team through rigorous performance management, coaching, mentoring and learning interventions to create a team able to deliver the Branch mission
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Bank’s Regional Manager .
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The Branch Manager must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Banking, Marketing or a related field
- Additional professional qualifications in Finance or Marketing or related field e.g. ACCA, CFA, CIMA, CPA
- At least five years’ experience in Finance related Business Development; preferably with a background in Bank operations
- Excellent track record in Direct Selling, Sales Management and Relationship Management
- Good understanding of industrial and national economic trends
- Proven Leadership and People management skills
- Strong credit management skills
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Strong customer inclination with a strong sense for client behavior
- Good conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build internal and external networks
- Ability to work under pressure, and exercise excellent judgment
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified applicants with a yearning to join the banking sector with Bank of Africa – Uganda Ltd. (BOA) in the aforementioned portfolio should please send their applications which should include a cover letter, updated resumes (CVs) and send them preferably via E-mail (no scans) or hand deliver them to our office in the address below. The application should also include three references none of whom should be a relative i.e. they should have supervised you, taught you or known you through your work.
Address to: Human Resource Manager, Bank of Africa – Uganda, Plot 45 Jinja Road, Kampala, Uganda.
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Monday, 20th January 2014
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline