Job Title: Project Director
Organisation: IMA World Health (IMA)
Project Name: Uganda Systems Strengthening for Health Commodities in Uganda
Funding Source: USAID
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
IMA World Health, a specialist in providing essential healthcare services and medical supplies around the world, is a nonprofit, faith-based organization working to restore health, hope and dignity to those most in need. We work primarily in the developing world, where an estimated 30 to 70 percent of health care is provided by faith-based organizations. IMA is an international health organization that is widely recognized for its effective and careful use of resources.
Job Summary: The Project Director will lead the anticipated USAID funded project, Uganda Systems Strengthening for Health Commodities in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall leadership and supervisory management to the project.
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID/Uganda.
- Ensure coordination between implementing partners, Ministry of Health, district health officials, communities and other relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare and submit technical and financial reports as requested by USAID.
- Provide project compliance oversight and quality assurance monitoring to all technical, programmatic, administrative and financial activities.
- Supervise project staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a Master’s degree or higher in Public Health, Pharmacy or equivalent related field.
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in management positions implementing programs of similar size and scope in international health.
- At least four years’ management experience on programs supporting national health commodity supply chain management in developing countries, preferably with experience in Africa.
- Strong knowledge and technical skills in one or more key areas of health supply chain management (e.g. policy, forecasting, and procurement).
- Demonstrated leadership skills in working and collaborating with other donors, host country institutions, international organizations.
- At least 5 years’ relevant supervisory experience of technical and program staff.
- Working knowledge of and experience with USAID project management.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should click the web link below to visit IMA recruiting website.
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline