Organisation: Barclays Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Institutional Banking
About Barclays Africa:
Barclays Africa encompasses Barclays Global Retail Banking, Corporate Banking, and Barclaycard operations in 10 countries organised in four geographic areas: North Africa (Egypt), East and West Africa (Ghana, Tanzania, Uganda and Kenya), Southern Africa (Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe), and Indian Ocean (Mauritius and Seychelles).
Barclays Africa serves its 2.8m customers through a network of 573 branches and service centres providing a variety of traditional financial products including retail mortgages, current and deposit accounts, commercial lending, unsecured lending, credit cards, treasury and investments.
Job Summary: The Relationship Manager will be responsible for;
- Managing and sustaining a portfolio of corporate customers under the umbrella of Global Development Organizations and or Public sector names, building long term relationships founded on efficient and reliable support for their business. This is achieved particularly through quick risk decisions and managing consistency and quality of operational service.
- The primary objective is to maximize risk-adjusted portfolio contribution; and to grow the liability base of the Corporate bank.
- The jobholder will be responsible for business development both with new customers and with existing customers where they are expected to increase “wallet share”.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Sales and Service: 65%
- Maintain Relationship Account Plans for all customers in the portfolio such that contact with customers is prioritized.
- Conduct annual and if appropriate, interim reviews of customers borrowing facilities
- Conduct annual and if appropriate, interim reviews with non-borrowing customers
- Determine the key messages, e.g. agreed service standards, negotiated pricing, relationship team contact points and new product changes, deciding upon the most appropriate communication method
- Deal with and find solutions to customer complaints
- Determine the products that are most effective in meeting customers’ needs and be able to sell these at short notice both reactively and proactively.
- Research, create and follow up a target list for potential new business.
2. Business Management 30%
- Research, create and follow up on a target list for potential new business
- Identify priority customers using the Customer Relationship Planning templates to assess their present and potential contribution.
- Gather all the required information that is needed to prepare and assess credit applications. Role holder will be expected to input certain key information such as judgmental information. (They will work with Associate Relationship Managers (ARMs) and Corporate Credit Manager (CCM) resources to construct credit applications).
- Control and quality of the portfolio, using available triggers and adherence to Risk management guidelines and policies.
3. Staff Management 5%
- Day to day coaching and development of Assistant Relationship managers (ARMs)
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The applicant should possess comprehensive knowledge of the Corporate set of products as well as a broad understanding of products available in Barclays Africa Group.
- For Complex products, will have a detailed knowledge of the requirements of the more sophisticated customers.
- Job holders will be ACIB or equivalent (optional)
- Introduce the product and co-ordinate the introduction of the relevant Group product specialist.
- Comprehensive understanding of policies and strategies within the country as they relate to the demands of the customer base.
- A detailed understanding of Country and CBRM guidelines and credit risk policies.
- Required to form relationships with customers, therefore minimum tenure will be 2 years.
- The jobholder will need to be able to communicate with credibility when dealing with financial controllers of companies. These customer contact points will have high expectations of the Relationship Manager in terms of professionalism, ability to add value to their business and find innovative solutions to their needs.
- The jobholder’s portfolio will consist of a full range of Global development Organizations and or Public sector customers who will often be subject to competitive approaches from other banks.
- Business development activity will also be challenged by those competitive pressures.
- Good relationship skills
- Internal and external senior risk assessment and management
- Good Presentation skills
- Influencing and Negotiating
- Good Communication skills
- Credit Risk skills, (an added advantage especially for Public sector names)
- General Corporate skills
- Good Communications skills
How to Apply:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: email@example.com
Deadline: 18th December, 2013