Organisation: FHI 360
Project / Program: Communication for Healthy Communities (CHC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party
FHI 360 is a leading global development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, °catty driven solutions. Our professional staff includes experts in education, health, nutrition, economic development, civil society and environment as well as cross-cutting experts in gender issues, research, applied science, behavior change and technology giving us the unique mix of capabilities to address today's diverse and interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world
FHI 360 — Uganda is seeking qualified candidates for the Communication for Healthy Communities (CHC) five year program designed to support the GOU and partners to design and implement quality heath communication interventions to contribute to reduction in HIV Infections, total fertility, maternal & child mortality, malnutrition, malaria & tuberculosis. CHC aims to achieve this through the use of innovative approaches, capacity strengthening, increased collaboration among partners, and rigorous research and knowledge management for health communication.
Job Summary: The Senior Technical Officer, Capacity Strengthening (STOCS) will offer technical support for capacity strengthening (CS) for GOU entities and health communication partners across all regions (Southwest, East, Northern, West, West Nile, Central and Karamoja).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to development of a national health communication capacity strengthening (CS) plan for key GOU entities and implementing partners (IPs)at national and district levels
- Based on the CS plan, develop work plans, strategies and activities for CS interventions
- Provide CS support to CHC staff, IPs, sub-grantees and GOU counterparts
- Work closely with DCOP to implement all activities to strengthen the national BCC working group
- Offer technical support implementation of strategies for coordination and collaboration
- Collaborate with CHC regional technical officers to ensure CS strategies and activities are integrated with and reflect their technical input
- Collaborate with the CHC monitoring, evaluation, and research team to monitor and evaluate CS activities
- Supervise the roll out of all national and regional level CS activities based on the overarching national CS strategy, and achieving targets within budget
- Manage and coordinate CHC partner activities including orientation, training, and support to monitoring of CHC partner sub awards
- Support regional M&E, knowledge management (KM) and financial management functions Ensure program CS data is used for planning and decision-making
- Perform any other duties as instructed
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The candidate should possess a master's degree in communication, education, public health, social sciences or related field
- The Technical Officer should possess 7 - 10 years of experience in designing, implementing and monitoring health communication and/or capacity strengthening programs.
- Proven experience and expertise in capacity strengthening (capacity assessments, capacity building plans development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation);
- Demonstrated experience in developing health communication training modules and facilitating adult learning
- Experience in working with donors, implementing partners, and GOU counterparts on CS issues;
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (and at least one key regional language
- Previous experience with USAID-funded projects preferred
How to Apply:
All candidates should send a cover letter and CV/resume by email to: email@example.com. Please clearly indicate Job Title in email subject line or on top of envelope.
Deadline: 20th September, 2013
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline