Job Title: Data Integration Process Associate
Organisation: United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Data Management Lead
About United Nations UNOPS:
The UNOPS North America Regional Office provides services that help implement projects for a range of partners, and support operations run by the UNOPS Mine Action Cluster, Small Grants Cluster and Development Group Cluster. In addition, the office serves as a liaison between UNOPS headquarters and its Executive Board, which supports and supervises UNOPS activities globally.
The United Nations Department of Field Support, Information and Communications Technology Division (UN DFS-ICTD) is responsible for the delivery of applications that satisfy the requirements of the Departments of Peacekeeping Operations and Field Support (DPKO/DFS) missions as well as Special Political Missions (SPMs).
DFS has implemented a range of systems to address the principal requirements of peacekeeping operations and to support and enhance the processes DFS undertakes. The Information Systems Section delivers applications that satisfy the quantitative and qualitative requirements of peacekeeping missions, missions administered by the Department and United Nations operations worldwide. DFS wishes to establish a functional sub-group to provide technical coordination and project management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure an effective data collection and processing system by reviewing and analyzing data input, processing and data output activities, manage incoming data feeds and data transfers
- Assist in the design of logical and physical data models and develop data marts using dimensional modeling.
- Assist in developing and documenting source to target data element mappings and transformation rules for ETL workflows
- Assist in developing Data Integration packages using MS SQL-Server and SSIS.
- Assist in developing Release Management/Deployment packages for handover to Operations team
- Perform basic SQL Database administration activities in the development environment
- Monitor and improve performance with network, security and database indexing considerations.
- Liaise and provide database interaction recommendations to BI application developers
- Troubleshoot and resolve DW scheduled job failures working closely with ICC.
- Perform other data integration and admin related work (as needed)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should hold a High school diploma, preferably a first level university degree or Certification from IT Institutions.
- Six years of experience using MS SQL SSIS development in a Data Warehouse environment, supporting databases such as MS SQL Server or a similar RDBMS including at least two years experience of Transact SQL (T-SQL) and a good understanding for improved query performance troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of concepts in Master Data Management which includes master data schema development,
- Experience with data profiling, data quality and data migration processes
- Understanding of release and change management.
- Excellent diagnostic, debugging, and problem solving skills.
- Good understanding of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing, including dimensional modeling.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of technical experience (developers/ operations/ end users/ project managers / business analysts).
Language: Fluency in the English language is a requirement for the post.
Professionalism - Strong theoretical background and knowledge of information technology/information management best practice implementation in the field of data integration, cleansing, data warehouse, data modeling, SQL Server related technologies and analysis. Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including familiarity with software development lifecycle and the implementation and support of complex information ICT systems and projects.
Client Orientation - Ability to identify and analyze clients’ needs and develop appropriate technological solutions to the business needs. Experience in working with contracted service providers in a globally dispersed environment.
Planning and Organizing - Ability to organize, plan and implement work assignments, juggle competing demands and work under pressure of frequent and tight deadlines. Ability to lead a project team to completion and provide technical guidance to staff.
Communications - Proven ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively orally. Ability to effectively prepare specifications and other written reports/documentation in a clear and concise style. Ability to communicate with various levels of technical experience (developers/ operations/ end users/ management / support staff). Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with a level of professionalism and integrity.
Teamwork - Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity, including gender balance.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should visit the link below and review requirements before Clicking Apply Now
Deadline: 18th September 2013
Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time (CET)
Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more details about United Nations staff contracts, please follow this link: http://www.unops.org/english/whoweneed/contract-types/Pages/United-Nations-staff-contracts.aspx