Job Title: Information Technology (I.T.) Officer
Organisation: Bank of Baroda (Uganda)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Bank of Baroda (Uganda) Limited invites applications for employment from suitably qualified dynamic and competent Ugandans willing to serve anywhere in the country for following positions:-
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offering I.T. support to branches / offices of bank.
- Trouble shooting and ensuring proper upkeep of hardware/ software, AMCs etc.
- End of day activities.
- First level support on ATMs/Swift/lnternet/RTGS/EFT/ Clearing system/intercom system etc.
- ATM Switch database maintenance/back up, ATM Card/ PIN mailer printing and handling issues related to ATM and ATM cards etc.
- Provide support on reconciliation module for Nostro reconciliation.
- Providing support on FINACLE Software.
- Ensuring safety & security of database & assets of the bank in I.T. Department.
- Ensuring & supervising smooth functioning of I.T. Department.
- Managing products onsite.
- Preparation of documents for project planning & implementation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should possess team building, computer and excellent interpersonal communication skills, besides high degree of integrity & confidentiality with ability to work with minimum supervision.
- The job holder should possess a Bachelor’s degree of Information Technology or Computer Science with good Overall GPA (Minimum 2nd Class upper). Certificates like MCSE, CCNA, Oracle Certified professional etc. will be an added advantage.
- Candidate should have satisfactory experience, preferably three years, of which about -12- months or more of experience in organizations dealing with Banking / Finance / Supporting banking applications and should possess the following:-
- Proficient knowledge of UNIX / LINUX / Windows & Oracle Database administration.
- Proficient knowledge in SQL & Transact SQL.
- Knowledge of programming (Shell Scripting).
- Basic Knowledge of Networking (WAN) & Security.
- Knowledge of Banking Software like Finacle / Equinox /Bankmaster etc. will be an added advantage.
Age: Not Above 30 years.
Remuneration: Bank offers an attractive pay package with good career prospects.
How to Apply:
All candidates should submitted typed applications with updated C.V., names of two referees with photocopies of academic/professional/experience certificates, proof of age etc. should be sent to the Manager (HRM), Bank of Baroda (Uganda) Limited, 18, Kampala Road, P. O. Box 7197, Kampala. Uganda.
Please indicate clearly on the envelope i.e. “Application for the post of IT Officer."
NB: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for selection process as decided by the bank.
Deadline: 10th September 2013 by 5.00 p.m.