Job Ref: NEMA/ADV/EXT/06/2013
Job Title: Front Desk Officer/ Receptionist
Organisation: National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Human Resource Manager
Salary Scale: E7
The National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) was established under the National Environment Act Cap. 153 to coordinate, monitor, enforce and supervise all activities in the field of environment for purposes of ensuring sustainable development in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Front Desk Officer/ Receptionist will oversee the Front Desk of the NEMA.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and pass on messages and orders using both Answer calls from NEMA visitors;
- Answer all incoming calls from NEMA Clients;
- Make official calls;
- Scrutinize incoming and outgoing mails;
- Direct visitors to the people and offices they desire to see or go to;
- Handle the switchboard and ensure usage print outs are generated and circulated;
- Handle suggestions from NEMA visitors and forwarding them to Management;
- Register in coming mails and documents for onward forwarding to respective offices;
- Conduct any other relevant responsibilities as may be assigned by Management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should possess a Degree in Office Management, Development Studies, Social Sciences and/or Secretarial Studies.
- At least 3 years experience in the similar position is essential in a large organization.
- Capacity to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High ethics, integrity and confidentiality
- Good reporting skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to make accurate and informed decisions.
- Analytical and coordinating skills
- Ability to work independently and with strong organizational and planning skills.
- High level of confidentiality
How to Apply:
All applicants should send their handwritten applications either by hand or via electronic mail and/or through post office enclosing copies of certificates/testimonials and detailed curriculum vitae indicating 3 referees addressed to:-
The Executive Director
National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
NEMA House, Plot 17/19/21 Jinja Road
P.O. Box 22255
Deadline: 23rd September 2013 by 5.00 pm