Job Title: Internal Auditor
Organisation: Population Secretariat (Popsec)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director POPSEC
The Population Secretariat (Popsec) which is mandated to carry out promotion, coordination, Advocacy, Monitoring and Evaluation of the implementation of population programmes and activities in Uganda, is seeking qualified and experienced individuals to fit the following vacant positions. The positions are project based and located in Kampala but will require frequent travelling to different parts of the country during field work.
Job Summary: The Internal Auditor will be responsible for ensuring adherence to financial rules and procedures in the management of POPSEC's financial and other resources.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and exhaustively scrutinize payment vouchers and ensure conformity to financial rules and regulations;
- Give guidance on, planning and installing budgetary accounts controls and other policies and systems for smooth management of POPSEC's financial and other resources;
- Carry out financial investigations into such matters as suspected fraud or improper claims and payouts;
- Conduct routine auditing of books of accounts and related records to ensure regular conformity to accountability requirements for advances made;
- The Auditor will be the main prompter in matters of effecting bank reconciliations and preparation of accountability returns to facilitate prompt replenishment of Cash Imp rests and other periodic financial releases;
- Assessing and identifying risks and taking measures to mitigate them.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by superiors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should hold a University Degree in Commerce/Accounting/Business Administration
- Two or more years of relevant post qualification experience in the auditing field.
- Additional professional qualifications such as ACCA/CPA will be an added advantage. Financial Auditing Skills, Accounting skills', Computer applications skills;
Age: Not more than 35 years of age.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their application letters accompanied by an updated CV and photocopies of certificates stating three professional referees and addressed to: The Ag. Director Population Secretariat, Ministry of Finance Planning and Economic Development Statistics House (2nd Floor), Plot 9 Colville Street, P.O.Box 2666, Kampala, Uganda.
Attn. Head Finance and Administration.
Population secretariat is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified men and women are encouraged to apply
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 26th August, 2013