Job Title: Vice Chancellor
Organisation: Busoga University
Duty Station: Iganga, Uganda
Reports to: University Council
Job Summary: The Vice Chancellor is the principal supervisor of the academic, administrative and financial programs of the University, and shall in the absence of the chancellor, preside over ceremonial assemblies of the University and confer academic awards and distinctions of Busoga University. In addition he/she is the CEO of the University responsible for the overall strategic direction and viability of the university. This position also functions as the overall spokesperson of the university.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer strategic direction and leadership in the academic and administrative spheres of the University.
- Lead the implementation of the academic and administrative policies of the University under the direction of the University Council.
- Mobilize and oversee effective utilization of resources of the University, ensuring an appropriate control environment
- Link the University to Government, business community and to international research and business organizations
- Preside over ceremonial assemblies of the University in the absence of the Chancellor
- Represent the University at all levels nationally, regionally and internationally and ensure sound PR in order to promote the image and brand of the University.
- Chair the University senate
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must a person of strong faith and integrity, a committed Christian, a Member of the Church of Uganda, or of other congregation in the Anglican Communion of Churches which are in fellowship with the Church of Uganda
- The job holder should possess at least five (5) years progressive experience in management positions at a senior level; as head of Department, Dean of Faculty or CEO in a comparable academic establishment
- The applicant should be a Professor or Associate professor in a reputable University
- The VC should hold a Doctor of Philosophy(PhD) degree from a recognized University
- Excellent academic background including research and publications with at least five original research articles in peer reviewed journals where the applicant is the main or senior author
- Demonstrated track record in successfully dealing with government, international organizations and the donor community including but not limited to winning considerable academic grants.
- Conversant with the processes, tools and functions of managing administrative programme activities.
Age: 40- 60 years
How to Apply:
All suitable candidates should send an application letter clearly demonstrating suitability together with updated Curriculum Vitae, vision statement, and statement of faith together with names, addresses (postal & email) and telephone numbers of three referees. Also Attach copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts
AND Attach a copy of birth Certificate or relevant page of passport
Clearly indicate the position for which you are applying on the left hand side of envelop
Applications should be addressed to:
P.O Box 154,
Email applications should be addressed to: email@example.com>
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 29th July 2013 by 5.00pm
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline