Organisation: Action Against Hunger (ACF)
Duty Station: Kaabong (2), Moroto (1), Uganda
Action Against Hunger (ACF) is an international humanitarian NGO. For over thirty years it has been implementing Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene activities in Lira, Gulu, Amuru, Nwoya, Kaabong, Napak and Moroto Districts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and develop coordinated practices for soil erosion control, soil and water conservation, and sound land use in Karamoja Sub region.
- Develop a database and maps of all WAS conservation projects
- Provide information about soil, water, and related natural resource conservation; identify and prioritize soil and water resource concerns, set natural resource priorities, and then develop, implement and evaluate long and short range plans and programs.
- Administer and supervise the SWC programme activities by delegating tasks through a structure of FSL officers, supervisors, participating beneficiaries (PMCs)
- Advise land users such as farmers and pastoralists on conservation plans, problems and alternative solutions, and provide technical and planning assistance.
- Conduct ongoing analysis of situation in Karamoja (in addition to the broader social, political, and security context).
- Monitor projects during and after construction to ensure projects conform to design specifications and standards.
- Review reports of Officers and Supervisors, certifying compliance with mandated reporting requirements and consolidate in the weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports submitted internally and to the donor.
- Participate on work teams to plan, develop, and implement water and land management programs and policies.
- Develop, conduct and/or participate in surveys, studies and investigations of various land uses, gathering information for use in developing corrective action plan.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a University degree preferably in Agricultural/water engineering with emphasis in soil and water conservation, natural resource management and conservation, or a related discipline.
- At least four years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is needed.
- Experience in the use of GPS, machine, climatic data, developing training materials and facilitating workshops;
- Experience with participatory fieldwork methodologies;
- Good computer skills particularly knowledge of Word and Excel;
How to Apply:
All applications should include a cover letter, CV with at least three referees, copies of academic certificates and a daytime telephone contract. For email applications please note that attached documents should not exceed 3 MB. Address your email application to: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “FSL APM – Kaabong” in the subject line. Emails exceeding 3 MB will be automatically rejected. This job advert can also be accessed by logging on to www.futureoptionsug.com hot jobs section. - Address your hard copy application to the Head of Base, ACF Kaabong Office, or to Base Administrators in ACF bases in Uganda – Gulu, Kampala, and Moroto.
NB: Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Friday 19th July, 2013 at 5:00pm
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our
facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline