Job Title: Service Provider In-Charge
Organisation: Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU)
Duty Station: Northern Uganda
Reports to: Medical Coordinator
Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU) is a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), and its core mandate is to promote high quality, high impact and gender sensitive Sexual & Reproductive Health and Rights information and services through capacity building, specialized service delivery, issue specific advocacy and strategic partnerships. It is a volunteer owned and led organization, with the volunteer body having a distinct role to play in governance, but not in actual project management and implementation.
Job Summary: The Service Provider will manage and provide Sexual & Reproductive Health(SRH) services at RHU outlets in accordance with M.O.H and international guidelines. Some SRH services include counseling and providing of long and short term methods of family planning, diagnosis of simple related conditions, such as STIs, malaria, UTI/RTI, screening for cancer of the cervix, management of infertility, HIV counseling and testing, etc. These services are offered at the static clinic as well as in the community, through outreach.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate and develop programme activities that address branch gender and youth focused SRH client needs.
- Manage clinic, outreach and community SRH service delivery units so as to attain and maintain quality standards and increase male as well as female clientele
- Co-ordinate and monitor programme and project implementation at the RHU branch to ensure attainment of planned results.
- Provide cost –effective and sustainable clinical SRH services to clients at all delivery units as per RHU’s SRH package.
- Provide technical training, guidance and mentoring to staff and community resource persons to standardize and improve their performance
- Develop and maintain networks with partner organizations at district level for purposes of information as well as resource sharing and cost saving
- Coordinate and support RHU Volunteer Members’ activities at the branch
- Maintain valid and up to date documentation regarding RHU branch activities, including the preparing timely, accurate and complete programme and financial reports
- Advocate for inclusion of RHU activities into district work plans, and advocate for access to District health resources
- Perform any other professional duties as maybe assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing; Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Comprehensive Nursing from an accredited institution and five years of relevant experience in Reproductive Health Service Delivery, including long term family planning, as well as proven training and experience in project management.
- Individuals with previous NGO experience will have an added advantage.
- Extensive knowledge as well as skill in providing integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health services.
- Skills in offering related training, quality of care assessment, supervision, excellent report writing and feedback.
- Demonstrated effective leadership, administration and motivation skills, organizational ability and capacity to multi-task and deliver accurate and complete results in an efficient and timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with minimum supervision or under pressure, and willingness to coach, guide, and build task oriented teams.
How to apply:
If interested in working with Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU), please send your application by post or hand-deliver a letter of application with certified copies of academic transcripts, a detailed Curriculum Vitae and other relevant certificates plus contact addresses (e-mail) of 3 referees (including day time telephone numbers) to:
The Executive Director,
Reproductive Health Uganda,
P.O. Box 10746, Kampala, Uganda
RHU Head Office,
Plot 2, Katego Road,
Kamwokya (Opposite Uganda Museum)
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Deadline: 5th July, 2013.
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.the ugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline