Job Title: Records Assistant
Organisation: Ministry of Education and Sports (Student Loan Scheme TaskForce)
Reports to: Administration Officer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Government of the Republic of Uganda, through the Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES) is planning to introduce a Student Loan Scheme to increase equitable access to higher education in Uganda; support highly qualified students who may not afford higher education; ensure regional balance in higher education services in Uganda; develop and support courses which are critical to national development an ensure quality education in public institutions through quality assurance and supervision. The MoES applicants herein will form part of the Loan Scheme after which commencement of the formulation of the Student Loan Board.
Job Summary: The Records Assistant will be responsible for developing and deploying a records management system for the Scheme.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and file correspondences correctly as received.
- Provide safe storage and back up for all the Scheme records.
- Develop a system for easy retrieval of records by authorized personnel.
- Compile and analyse records related to the Scheme’s activities, assets and personnel guidance to officers.
- Prepare and issue in time the Scheme forms for the various departments.
- Scanning and archiving documents as required
- Perform other duties as assigned by the superiors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess at least a diploma in records management and archives from a recognized tertiary institution.
- At least two years working experience in a recognized institution.
Age: 22 Years and Above
How to apply:
All suitably qualified Ugandans should deliver their handwritten applications which should be sealed and deliver them to; The Assistant Commissioner – Human Resource Management, Ministry of Education and Sports, Embassy House, 4th Floor, Room 10, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 19th July, 2013 by 5:00 PM