Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Organisation: Cheshire Services Uganda (CSU)
Project: Girl Education Challenge (GEC)
Reports to: GEC Project Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Cheshire Services Uganda (CSU) is a local nongovernmental organization working in the field of disability arid development CSU is a member of the Leonard Cheshire Disability Global Alliance, a membership of over 55 countries. CSU works with and for Persons with Disabilities through four thematic programme areas of Livelihood, Inclusive Education, Advocacy and campaign and Health and rehabilitation. CSU has been selected by the Girls Education Challenge (GEC) to receive DFID funding to design a project to effect long-lasting and transformative change for girls with disabilities in Kampala district. The project will support girls with disabilities to enroll and demonstrate learning and retention in mainstream primary schools. CSU will in the next five months develop the project further basing on the baseline to be conducted. CSU therefore wishes to recruit a highly qualified and sett motivated team to deliver the project upon final approval for implementation.
Job Summary: The M&E Officer will be responsible for providing coordination and leadership in Monitoring and Evaluation of the project
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take lead in developing of the M&E framework.
- Develop program-wide participatory M&E tools, systems and processes that increase the effectiveness and accountability of the project
- Conduct data analysis and reporting for all relevant purpose (e.g. quarterly, annual reports and donor reports).
- Provide technical support in developing project monitoring tools and periodic monitoring of programmatic indicators (based on project target).
- Analyze the data generated by the monitoring and evaluation process, and then produce and present performance measures against agreed targets and outcomes,
- Take lead in data and analysis on the impact of the project work to be included in the annual reports and any other impact reports that are suitable for a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Produce data in an agreed reporting format to donors and other key stakeholders.
- Provide technical input into other projects where M&E expertise is of relevance (e.g. targets and indicators, approach for scaling-up the impact of the sustainability standard movement).
- Prepare and submit M&E monthly reports to the Project Manager for review.
- Any other duties that may be assigned .
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Degree in Social Sciences, Social Work and Social Administration. Development Studies, any relevant field.
- Possession of a post graduate training in M&E is a must
- Excellent working knowledge of the project cycle.
- A minimum of three to five years of direct experience in designing and for implementing organizational level system for M&E.
- Experience in designing and or/implementing data collection and data management systems
- Knowledge of database analysis software (e.g. SAS, SPSS) and basic computer skills (word-processing, spread sheet and data base) are required.
- Strong knowledge or expertise in evaluation techniques (quantitative and qualitative methodologies, questionnaire development, statistical analysis, logical models, evaluation plan etc).
- Strong background and understanding of the entire evaluation cycle, torn design and formulation Is implementation, analysis and presentation of results and recommendations.
Language requirements: Knowledge of English and the local language
Other Personal Competencies: Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, good problem solving, planning and organizing, and customer care skills.
Additionally, all prospective employees should demonstrate the ability to work in a team, independently with minimum supervision as well as ability to work with Persons with Disabilities.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their application letters, CVs with three referees and copies of academic documents and state current and expected salary amount to:
The Chairperson Cheshire Services, Uganda Plot 953, Koire Close, off Bukoto-Ntinda Road, Bukoto. P.O Box 70012 Clock Tower, Kampala, Uganda
NB: Please clearly indicate on the envelope the position you are applying for. CSU is an equal opportunity employer and encourages suitably qualified persons with disabilities and females to apply.
Deadline: 31st July, 2013
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our
facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline