Job Title: Human Resources & Administration Officer
Organisation: Aga Khan University
The Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, not-for-profit, international University first established in 1983, with II campuses and teaching sites in 8 countries.
Job Summary: The incumbent will be responsible for the Human Resources and administration functions at the Uganda campus.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Human Resources:
- Assist in the recruitment and Implement HR policies at the campus level in coordination with the Regional Manager, Human Resources.
- Obtain work permits and maintain personnel records
- Assist in addressing employee grievances and resolving disciplinary issues
- Coordinate the annual faculty and staff Performance Management process
- Coordinate employee training and development activities at the Campus level
- Implement Administrative policies and procedures in consultation with the Academic Head. Responsible for purchasing function in coordination with the Academic Head and finance and in liaison with Materials Management Division
- Responsible for the proper documentation and record keeping of all the goods and services acquired
- Implement Safety and Security measures at the campus level as per policy guidelines
- Ensure proper maintenance and upkeep of facilities and equipment at the Campus level
- Ensuretimely provision of housing assistance services to faculty and staff, in line with AKU policies
- Administer the travel and transport function at the campus level
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should possess a University graduates with specialization in Human Resource and Administration.
- Possession of at least five years of relevant working experience.
- S/he must have sound knowledge of Uganda labour laws as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
How to Apply:
All applicants with the necessary credentials should send their applications, curriculum vita, and copies of academic and professional certificates and addresses (postal and email) of three referees to the:
Regional Manager, Human Resources and Administration, Aga Khan University — Advanced Nursing Studies Programme, P.O. Box 39340 - 00623, Parklands Nairobi . Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 3747483, 3745808, Fax: 3747004
Deadline: 26th July, 2013
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline