Job Title: Regulatory & Competition Affairs Advisor
Organisation: Uganda Telecom Limited (UTL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Legal Counsel & Corporate Affairs Officer
Uganda Telecom is committed to providing exceptional telecommunication services that meet our customer’s needs and improve our efficiency. We now have a vacancy in our organization. We invite you, if you are a self-driven, results-oriented individual, a team player who is keen on a new experience to take up the challenge for an efficient business delivery model.
Job Summary: The Regulatory & Competition Affairs Advisor will;
- Provide regulatory and competition inputs to the Uganda Telecom business strategy that will create and deliver shareholder value.
operational management of the Regulatory and Competition Department within
the framework of an agreed business strategy and to meet operational
targets for return on investment, profitability and customer satisfaction.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading a team of regulatory and competition experts in implementing the Uganda Telecom strategy within a framework agreed by the Chief Corporate Affairs & Communications Officer, which meets requirements for creating and delivering shareholder value.
- Explaining Uganda Telecom’s regulatory and competition strategy to key stakeholders and ensuring that it drives operational management.
- Building quality processes to systematically implement business strategy and ensure operational effectiveness on a day-to-day basis.
- Meeting or exceeding business performance targets in areas such as return on investment, profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Using relevant metrics and measures to routinely monitor progress against targets and take appropriate managerial action to ensure that all targets are met or exceeded.
- Presenting compelling business cases for capital investment.
- Representing and promoting Uganda Telecom’s regulatory and competition interests in national or international forums, as directed by the Chief Corporate Affairs & Communications Officer.
- Providing high-level sales support by using appropriate relationships with counterparts in client organisations.
- Ensuring full compliance with regulatory and competition requirements across UTL.
- Ensuring that Uganda Telecom conforms to investors’ expectations by supplying relevant investor briefings relating to regulatory and competition affairs, as required by the Chief Corporate Affairs & Communications Officer.
effective commercial relationships with Government, regulatory and
competition authorities, ensuring that the Uganda Telecom position is well
represented and fully understood.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The Advisor should possess a Degree or equivalent in Law or Economics
- Five or more years experience in business leadership of a large regulatory affairs department
- Good Analytical skills
- Corporate membership of a professional body e.g. Law Society of Uganda
- Experience of the telecommunications or ICT sectors
- Situational and transformational leadership skills.
- Excellent communications skills
- Personal commitment to meet or exceed all targets and objectives
- Utmost professional integrity.
How to Apply:
All suitable jobs candidates willing to work with one of Uganda’s leading telecom companies, UTL should send their applications to:
The Chief Human Resource & Administration Officer
P.O Box 7171, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 28th June 2013 at 5:00 PM
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline