Job Title: Health & Safety Manager
Organisation: Uganda Telecom Limited (UTL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Human Resource & Administration Officer
Uganda Telecom is committed to providing exceptional telecommunication services that meet our customer’s needs and improve our efficiency. We now have a vacancy in our organization. We invite you, if you are a self-driven, results-oriented individual, a team player who is keen on a new experience to take up the challenge for an efficient business delivery model.
Job Summary: The Health and Safety Manager will offer expert knowledge and skills in order to generate and promote a positive health and safety culture.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement the HR & Group Health & Safety policy
- Ensure safe work practices that comply with legislation.
- Prepare health and safety training to create Safety as top of mind among all staff.
- Carry out risk assessments and initiating mitigation measures across the business
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards.
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks.
- Maintain records of inspections findings and producing reports that suggest improvements.
- Keep records of incidents and accidents and producing statistics for managers.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the organization.
- Produce management reports, newsletters and bulletins.
- Ensure the safe installation of equipment.
- Manage and organize the safe disposal of hazardous substances.
- Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise.
machinery and against occupational diseases.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The candidate should possess a Technical Diploma in a Health and Safety related Discipline requirement
- At least four years managerial experience or managing Health and Safety in a big Organization
- Knowledge of Health and Safety systems
- Experience working with international safety standards
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- High integrity
- Strong analytical skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Result oriented
- People Management skills
- Proven report writing skills
How to Apply:
All suitable jobs candidates willing to work with one of Uganda’s leading telecom companies, UTL should send their applications to:
The Chief Human Resource & Administration Officer
P.O Box 7171, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 28th June 2013 at 5:00 PM