Job Title: Executive Director
Organisation: PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC)
Reports to: Managing Director
Duty Station: Uganda
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Director will responsible for providing leadership and management of the Bank according to its direction as set out by the Board of Directors.
- The ED will be required to ensure effective business development for continued growth and optimal profitability of the Bank.
- In addition, the ED will be responsible for the overall direction, co-ordination, implementation and execution of marketing activities in line with the corporate governance principles.
- He/she will also coordinate and partner effectively with Business Leadership, Head of Human Resources, Head of Administration to ensure appropriate talent strategies, deliver value and competitive advantage and efficient and effective management of the resources of the bank.
- Play a leading role in coordinating and communicating business activities;
- Craft strategies to drive business and ensure same is followed to achieve optimal revenues;
- Identify opportunities to optimize organizational effectiveness and to achieve a visible improvement in performance and quality of service in the Bank;
- Manage the key strategic and operational risks associated with functions while ensuring that financial service delivery and reputational risks are minimized;
- Act as a catalyst for change with specific accountability for ensuring the development of sound business development strategies and structures which support the Bank corporate and strategic objectives;
- Deliver on policy, performance, partnership and participation in innovative ways;
- Have the overall responsibility for the financial management of the Bank whilst delivering the required service levels within budget, taking into account corporate priorities;
- Provide overall leadership for the Bank, motivate and inspire Heads of Departments to deliver best value and manage their service area, people and budgets;
- Promote performance, risk and financial management culture in order to drive the continuous improvement in corporate governance and service delivery, efficiency and value for money; and
- Promote effective people management and provide developmental mentoring and coaching for his/her direct reports.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The candidate must have not less than Fifteen years’ experience in financial institutions, five of which must be at a senior management level.
- A degree in Business Administration, Economics and Accountancy, or any other related discipline from a recognized university.
- A Post graduate degree in a related field and a professional qualification with a recognised body will be an added advantage.
- Strong organizational and lime management skills, confident and capable of leading and developing a team of experienced professionals;
- Proven track record of delivering results in an organization of a comparable size, scope and complexity;
- Ability to present complex statistical data and analyse information, both verbal and written in a clear and concise manner; and
- Evidence of the ability to interact, relate to, work with and support the activities of a dynamic Bank's highly qualified staff and Board members is desirable.
How to Apply:
If you believe you fit the above job requirements, please feel free to forward your applications in confidence to the address below. Please Indicate the position that you are applying for and send your curriculum vitae (by post or email) containing details of your qualifications, experience, present position, current and expected remuneration as well as copies of professional/academic certificates, day and evening telephone numbers, e-mail address, names and addresses of three references to: The People and Change Division PricewaterhouseCoopers Limited Communications House, 1 Colville Street, P O Box 8053 Kampala, Uganda E-mail: email@example.com
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 24th June 2013 by 4:30pm