Job Title: East Africa Mobile Technology Manager
Organisation: Living Goods
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda or Nairobi, Kenya
About Living Goods:
We believe that the poor are not helpless victims; they are resilient entrepreneurs and value conscious consumers. We empower the poor through our networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like simple treatments for malaria and diarrhea, fortified foods, water filters, clean cookstoves, and solar lights. Living Goods seeks nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in the developing world, through networks of franchised micro-entrepreneurs who leverage Living Goods’ brand, buying power and mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products at accessible prices to the people who need them most. By combining the best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is creating a fully sustainable system to improve the health, wealth, and productivity of the world’s poor.
Job History and Justification: Mobile phones are transforming lives all over the world, most dramatically in developing countries. At Living Goods we believe that mobile technology will become our single most transformative tool for success: empowering our agents to sell and earn more, dramatically lowering our cost to market and monitor, enabling real time sales force management and igniting social connections that drive impact and business success. To accelerate the development of our powerful mobile technology platform, Living Goods seeks an energetic and resourceful Mobile Technology Manager. This position will be responsible for fully leveraging and expanding our mobile system including new services, tools, and strategies that improve our profitability and deepen our impact. The position can be based in Nairobi or Kampala. This is your chance to join and shape a successful, fast growing, multi-national organization at a time of huge opportunity for professional growth.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively lead the continued development of Living Goods mobile technology platform and suite of tools and services including: performance management systems, mobile money integration, direct response marketing, social selling tools, customer insight capabilities, and more.
- Ensure universal adoption and deep engagement with our mobile tools across all our field teams in East Africa.
- Manage and cultivate relationships with best in class technology contractors.
- Manage a team of Mobile Technology staff in Living Goods’ Kenya and Uganda offices.
- Research, innovate and adapt best practices in mobile marketing strategies and tools for improving health and livelihoods among base of the pyramid consumers.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- A University degree required with a high preference to candidates with Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or Business degrees.
- Between 4-6 years work experience focused on mobile technology; preference to candidates with East Africa experience.
- An excellent track record of innovation and results.
- Strong project management skills, experienced in managing projects that involve coding/software development, field testing, user training, etc.
- Willingness to travel between Uganda and Kenya.
How to Apply:
If interested in working with Living Goods, Send a single file with resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com not forgetting to include:
- How you heard about this position (Quote the Ugandan Jobline Jobs Website)
- Current and desired salary
- Optional – Links to any online content that helps us know you better: LinkedIn, Twitter, Blogs, or relevant work samples.
- Please type “East Africa Mobile Technology Manager – [insert last name]” in the subject line.
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline