Organisation: Plan International
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
Reports to: Director of Health Service Delivery
Founded 75 years ago, Plan International is one of the oldest and largest Children’s development organizations in the world. We work In SO developing countries across Africa. Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty Plan’s vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people’s rights and dignity Plan is independent with no religious, political or governmental affiliations.
Job Summary: The successful candidate will be a member of the health service delivery team, serve as the project’s expert on maternal and child health programs in fifteen project districts in Northern Uganda. The MCH Technical Advisor will serve to provide technical and strategic support towards achievement of project outcomes related to availability of and accessibility to quality and sustainable maternal and child health services, creating enabling environments tor maternal and child heath care delivery, and promoting positive health behavior and practices.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- A degree m medicine or nursing and/or a master's degree in Public Health or other clinical disciplines.
- Additional training related maternal and child health and project planning and management.
- At least 5 years of professional experience working In Maternal and Child Health programs both in public and private sector.
- Hands-on knowledge and skills in designing, planning, implementing and monitoring of facility and community-based programs for promoting sale motherhood and child survival
- Practical experience In working with district and community health systems including Village Health Teams (VHT)
- Experience m MCH-related capacity building for health facility and community health delivery teams.
- Sound understanding of current policy developments maternal and child health.
- Willingness to work m Northern Uganda and travel 60% of the time in field.
NB: For the full job description of any of the jobs above, please visit kazijobs.com and search for it.
How to apply:
Send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below Please mark your application wild the Position Name of the job you are applying for E-mails that exceed 2MB will be rejected by the system. While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification. Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply. As a child centered development organization. Plan strives to ensure that children are kept safe in all the areas we operate. The organization further has a child protection policy that every staff is required to sign Potential candidates will be required to provide information confirming whether or not they have ever been convicted of any child abuse crimes.
People Performance Group, Plot 8 Kitante Close Kitante, P.O. Box 12405, Kampala-Uganda.
Deadline: May 13th, 2013 at 5PM
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline or find us on our facebook page