Job Title: Zonal Managers (ZM)
Reports To: Manager (Credit)
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC) is a Government of Uganda (GOU) owned company. MSC was incorporated in 2001 as a company limited by guarantee. It is the linchpin of GOU microcredit programmes under Rural Financial Services Strategy (RFSS).
MSC offers affordable financial and Business Development services with a goal to maximize outreach and deliver demand driven credit. The credit is offered through loan funds and loan products that support the agricultural production value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing. The company also offers business development services with a goal to assist her clients upgrade their capacities to manage their businesses profitably.
In order to realise its vision & mission, the Company seeks to recruit suitable person to fill the following vacant position in its establishment.
Job Summary: To deliver Credit, Business Development Services and other services to clients at the zone. Supervise and provide technical support and guidance to staff and ensure efficient utilization of resources.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the loan delivery process at the zone and execute loan agreements within their mandate
- Analyze the performance of the loan portfolio by clients and provide remedial action where necessary.
- Manage the provision of Business Development Services to clients.
- Prepare periodic work plans, budgets and status reports of his/her zone for submission to Head Office and other stakeholders.
- Handle day-to-day administration, management, coordination and supervision of the zonal Office and manage the Company’s resources.
- Promote the Company’s business in the zone and communicate it to the public in accordance with available guidelines.
- Assess the progress of implementation of the loan obligation and design strategies to enhance performance.
- Supervise staff at the zone and manage their performance.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Honour’s Degree in Social Sciences, Microfinance, Agriculture, Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Statistics, Development Studies, Rural Economy and any other related discipline:
- At least 4 years' relevant experience in provision of financial services preferably with a reputable Financial Institution.
- Experience in debt collection will be an added advantage
- Good understanding of financial statements which link financial to non financial information;
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Self driven with high sense of responsibility.
- Ability to meet deadline with minimal supervision.
- Self driven and the highest level of responsibility.
- Must be computer literate in the use of MS Office,
- At least 30 years and above.
How to apply:
Interested candidates with the requisite qualifications should send their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae together with copies of certified academic certificates and testimonial with at least 3 referees one of whom should be their current Supervisors Applications in properly sealed envelopes should be submitted to the address given below clearly stating the job title applied for on the top right comer to be received not later than 26th April 2013 at 5:00 p.m. Soft copy applications should be accompanied with scanned certified copies of academic papers.
The Executive Director, The Microfinance Support Centre Limited, Plot 46, Windsor Crescent- off Acacia Avenue P.O.BOX 33711 Kampala.