Job Title: Legal Aid Program Coordinator
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda with travel as required
Reports to: Head to Mission
About ASF Uganda:
Avocats Sans Frontieres (ASF – Lawyers without Borders) is an international non-governmental organization working towards the establishment of a just, equitable and united society, in which both the law and justice serve the most vulnerable. The primary goal of ASF is to contribute to the establishment of institutions and mechanisms that allow for access to independent and impartial justice, and which are capable of guaranteeing the protection of fundamental rights (civil and political, economic and social), including the right to a fair trial. To support its ongoing work in Uganda, ASF is presently recruiting for the following position:
The Program Coordinator has primary responsibility for the management and the implementation of the programs for the overall country, including but not limited to the project on Mobilizing Lawyers for the rights of the Ugandans and the Unlawful Pretrial
Under the supervision of the head of Mission, the Program Coordinator will work to develop strong external relationships with stakeholders including local and district level authorities, institutions and other civil society organizations.
The Program Coordinator will have responsibility for the development of the program within the country. This responsibility includes taking a lead role in identifying and developing new partnerships and collaborations, identifying funding opportunities and developing new project proposals that complement ASF’s national strategy. This will be done under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Mission.
The position includes, but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Project management
- Financial management of the projects
- Monitoring, evaluation and reporting on the projects
- Human resource management of the Legal Aid team
- External Relations and Fundraising
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Holder of a LLB
- At least 5 years’ experience, from which at least 3 years’ experience in project management and 2 years’ experience in the justice sector
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal relations, oral and written communications, networking, reporting, and time management
- Good analytical skills Preferred:
- Completion of LDC and Practicing Certificate and at least two years of practicing law.
How to apply:
Applications with detailed CV including three referees, two of whom should have been direct supervisors should be submitted to: Administration Finance and Logistics Officer; Avocats Sans Frontieres Plot 832, Old Kira Road, Bukoto. P.O. Box 36710, Kampala. OR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submission of applications is 22nd March, 2013.
Those who applied earlier may not apply again.