Job Title: Inspection Officer Financial Analysis
Reports to: Manager Financial Analysis
Organisation: Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda
Job Summary: To assist in the implementation of IRA’s mandate so that the insurance industry players comply with the provisions of the Insurance Act, 2000 and other pertinent laws and regulations
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
· Carry out off-site and on-site inspection of insurance players.
· Assist in establishing and maintaining standards, principles and practices of sound and professional conduct of insurance business with particular emphasis on the provisions related to players’ finances.
· Review licence applications for insurance players.
· Respond to and follows-up on issues raised in inspection of and other correspondence with insurance players.
· Monitor the implementation of the provisions of the Insurance Act 2000, and other pertinent laws and regulations and advise on the adequacy of the law and regulations.
· Review proposals, policy forms, reinsurance arrangements and premium rates and any other contracts for insurance companies.
· Review, analyse and compile reports emanating from insurance players’ accounts and financial statements and advise management accordingly.
· Carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· A relevant degree from a recognized University with Part 2 of CPA or level 2 of ACCA or its equivalent and at least 3 years’ experience in a reputable organization.
· At least 3 years experience in accounting.
· Personal attributes and competences
· Good communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to work with minimum supervision.
· Ability to work amidst tight deadlines
· Strong computer skills
How to apply:
Hand-written applications clearly marked “Job Application” with current Curriculum Vitae together with:
copies of academic transcripts, certificates and testimonials;
three referees who can testify to the applicant’s abilities, working experience and integrity; and
a daytime telephone contact,
The Applications should be submitted to the Chief Executive Officer at the above address not later than 5.00p.m 22nd March 2013. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.