Job Title: Claims Manager
Job Summary: To ensure that general insurance claims are handled expeditiously and in a professional manner thereby meeting the customer expectations and the Company's Corporate Objectives.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
· Ensure reserves are correctly set and regularly reviewed to reflect current position of the company’s liability
· Monitor the performance of service providers for effective service delivery
· Constantly analyse the performance of various classes of business and give recommendations to management on corrective measures to ensure the company remains profitable
· Ensure that claims are registered and acknowledged promptly and customers are constantly updated on the status of the claim to ensure early conclusion of the claim and enhance customer satisfaction.
· Ensure that recoveries area initiated and followed to conclusion so as to reduce the final cost of the claim
· Ensure that cheque requisitions are raised upon receipt of discharge vouchers/ invoices to facilitate cheque processing
· Explore the best alternative of dealing with a claim so as to minimize claim expenses and costs
· Maintain effective business relationships by constantly interacting with customers and service providers so as to ensue customers have a pleasant experience
· Prepare management reports for the department to advice on the status of the department at any one time
· Supervise, train, mentor and coach staff within the department to ensure they remain motivate.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· Degree in Business or Insurance, Banking and Finance
· ANZIF, CII
· Management Training
· Minimum years of experience required for the job
· 7 years
· Skills and Competencies
· Strategic thinking
· Leadership skills
· Analytical and problem solving skills
· Computer skills including knowledge of AIMS
· Communication and interpersonal skills
· Staff Supervision, training and performance management skills
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter with a detailed CV including present position, current remuneration, and phone contacts of 3 professional referees and copies of professional/educational certificates and send it to: email@example.com
NOTE: The attachments should not exceed 2MB
Deadline: 8th February 2013.
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://ugandanjobline.blogspot.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline