Job Title: Economic Rights Program Lead
Organisation: Oxfam GB
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: GBP 25,094 - 33,938 net (take home pay) per annum plus benefits.
About Oxfam GB:
Oxfam is a worldwide organisation that employs over 8,000 people in more than 80 countries to overcome poverty and suffering. The Organisation is working for a world where resources and power are distributed more equally and where everyone’s rights to a livelihood, basic services, protection from violence, and a say in their future are upheld. A world in which everyone enjoys the same opportunities – regardless of gender, race, culture, or physical ability. To fulfill this goal, we are strengthening our Programmes in Uganda and are seeking to recruit a new senior staff member to join our dynamic, innovative and committed team of staff, volunteers and partners. Our ideal candidate should have job-specific technical skills, dynamism, and commitment to the cause of overcoming poverty and suffering. You need to be of unquestionable integrity and committed to Oxfam’s values.
Job Summary: We are looking for an Economic Rights Programme lead (ERLP) to provide high level strategic leadership in the area of Economic Rights in Uganda. In this role you will provide strategic guidance and oversee Oxfam programme development at national level and ensure that poor women’s rights are put at the forefront of the programme. You will also be responsible for directly supporting and managing senior Programme management staff in Karamoja and Acholi regions. . You will ensure that the programme maintains effective partnerships, and demonstrates accountability to all stakeholders. You will report to the Associate Country Director.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· You should have proven experience of leading and managing gender-sensitive livelihoods interventions.
· You will have a minimum first degree and preferably second degree in a relevant field.
· You will have a wide knowledge of livelihoods programming, from market analysis and value chain development to food security interventions.
· Experience of working with pastoral and agro-pastoral communities in arid and semi-arid lands is an essential.
· Demonstrated experience of programme management, fundraising, proposal writing, human resources and finance management will be essential; managing large multi-donor funding and leading change processes.
· You will be a natural inspirational leader with significant experience on team/people management including virtual teams.
· Strategic thinking, strong conceptual and analytical skills are essential.
· You will have proven experience of influencing policy, consulting with key stakeholders at all levels with tact and diplomacy.
· Knowledge and experience of promoting gender equity is required.
Benefits In addition to the salary Oxfam will meet the tax and social security liabilities of the post holder in addition to the net salary. A competitive benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate including housing, pension, and medical among others.
How to apply:
Thousands of people already commit their time and talents to our campaigning, humanitarian and long-term development programmes. Now we’re looking for yours. To find out more about this role and to apply online, visit www.oxfam.org.uk/jobs and quote INT6010. Alternatively, you can email your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 22nd February 2013. Please ensure you attach a short letter on why you would like this job and work for Oxfam. Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://ugandanjobline.blogspot.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline