Job Title: Energy Manager
Responsible to: Head Network Operations
Organisation: Airtel Uganda
Job Purpose: Control and manage the Energy Opex (operational costs) for the network nodes spread out in the country through innovations best practices replication from other operations.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
· Responsible for monitoring, analysis, and control for the energy cost to achieve the Annual Operation Plan
· Obtain business inputs, capex forecast, past trends, efficiency built up and execution plan to achieve the Annual Operation Plan.
· Implement the Opco strategic plan and carry out period reviews to monitor performance against the Annual Operation Plan.
· Establish and enhance quality of engagement with partner/infra providers (Like Ericsson/NSN) Nokia Siemens etc.
· Involve/carry out pilots with partners/infra providers for new innovations to achieve optimized energy cost.
· Responsible for cost innovation & best practice replication to optimize energy cost.
· Innovate S. implement the energy cost savings features in spread out network elements, e.g. (DG delay features, Auto TRX shutdown feature, Diesel consumption standardization, etc)
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· Bachelors in Electrical Engineering/ Technology or any related area of study
· Minimum 6-7years of versatile experience on Electrical infrastructure like Genets, Batteries, LT Panels, Energy efficiency features , solar panels, electrical product specifications etc. 3-4years with in Telecom or Telecom Tower Company.
· An understanding of latest telecom technologies and products to bring cost efficiency best in the class.
· Able to operate in a performance driven organization.
· Excellent planning and organisational skills.
· Customer focused.
· Business & commercial acumen.
· Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Sets high personal standards and is goal oriented.
How to apply:
Attach copies of all academic documents.
Applicants for the Energy Management position who do not hear from us within 1 week from the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications and CV’s with a day phone contact, address and an email address to:
The Talent Acquisition & Talent Management Manager, airtel House, Plot 40 Jinja Road, P.O. Box 6771, Kampala. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 22nd Feb 2013.