Job Title: Procurement Officer
Reports to: Manager Supply Chain
About Job Role: Are you a highly motivated, self-driven individual with ambition, character and right attitude? Are you a team player willing to grow through the ranks and advance your career? If you are out there, then Uganda Telecom, the leading Communications provider in Uganda is looking for you to fill one of the positions below.
The successful candidates will demonstrate:
· High integrity
· Creative & Innovative
· Negotiations skills
· Strong Interpersonal skills
· Good team player
· Organizations skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong analytical skills
· Computer literate
· Strong relationship building skills
· Result orientated
· Strong commercial sense
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Contribute to the development of procurement policies and procedures
· Liaise with the user department to ensure efficient and effective procurement of specified items/ services
· Ensure that all procurement of items is in compliance with the set procurement procedures/policies.
· Provide guidance and expertise to staff undertaking procurement of equipment, services and supplies
· Source for offers from the approved suppliers and manage tendering procedures
· Prepare tenders for the purchase or supply of equipment and services
· Negotiate contracts with vendors and monitor suppliers’ compliance to agreed terms
· Advise the user department on the appraisal and evaluation of tenders* on the basis of both the Financial and Non-Financial criteria
· Monitor procurement activities so as to ensure compliance with the Company policies and procedures
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· Bachelors Degree in Commerce / Business Administration.
· Member of Chartered Institute of Purchase and Supply (MCIPS).
· At least two year experience in stores management and also handling stores work.
How to apply:
Applications from suitably qualified candidates should be submitted to:
The Chief Human Resources & Administration Officer Uganda Telecom Telephone House P. O. Box 7171, Kampala. Or email@example.com
Deadline: 4th February 2013 at 5:00pm.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.