Reports to: Chief of Party (CoP)
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is an international non-profit, public health organisation with headquarters in USA, whose purpose is to strengthen health programs worldwide. MSH Uganda is currently running a number of USAID and other donor funded projects including SURE, both in Kampala and other parts of the country.
SURE (Securing Ugandans’ Right to Essential Medicines) will ensure that the population of Uganda has access to adequate quantities of good quality essential medicines and health supplies (EMHS) by strengthening the national essential medicines and health commodities supply system.
STAR E LQAS is charged with supporting the USAID-funded SO8 district-based Implementing Partners (IPs) to implement LQAS in their respective districts.
MSH now invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following position:
Job Summary: The Senior M&E Advisor works with the CoP and the SURE team to ensure the development and implementation of appropriate program implementation and performance management plans (PMP) as well as program indicators necessary to track program targets and objectives.
S/he also supports the Ministry of Health (MoH) and other stakeholders to establish national supply chain indicators. The Senior M&E Advisor oversees the analysis, interpretation and tracking of all program data as well as the compilation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports. S/he advises the program team on all aspects of program monitoring and performance tracking. In addition the jobholder will:
- Assist in the design and implementation of impact assessments in regards to pharmaceuticals and supply chain management.
- Work with the CoP to ensure that Uganda SURE activities and PMPs are adequately responsive to the requirements of USG agencies and initiatives as well as those of the Government of Uganda (GOU).
- Update the MEEPP database
- Lead the annual planning process including the development of annual plans and writing of narratives
- Provide and organize M&E training to Medicines Management Supervisors and project staff.
- Evaluate results achieved by the Project against established targets and track progress
- Capture lessons learned and best practices and assist in developing presentations, abstracts, articles, etc.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Master’s degree in public health, demography, statistics or related field,
- 5 years experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in evaluation design, development of indicators and data analysis
- Experience in developing PMPs
- Familiarity with supply chain concepts and pharmaceutical/logistic indicators
- Capacity building/ training experience a plus.
- Experience with USAID M&E procedures and practices
- Ability to work in a fastpaced teamwork environment to meet required deadlines and to keep team members on schedule/tasks to the approved work plan
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated excellent English language skills (both written and oral) with the ability to make presentations and effectively write/edit reports
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft office suite applications and statistical packages such as Microsoft project, SPSS, Epi Info, etc.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Uganda at least 20% of the time.
- Experience working in Uganda.
How to Apply:
All applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Partner – MSH, Plot 15 Princess
Ann Drive Bugolobi, P. O. Box 71419, Kampala Email: HRUG@msh.org . Deadline: February 8, 2013.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but can only acknowledge shortlisted candidates. Please note that any form of canvassing by candidates will lead to immediate disqualification
Note: Detailed job descriptions can be accessed at www.sure.ug