Job Title: Marketing & Procurement Officer MPO
Reports to: Managing Director
Kilembe Investments Ltd (K.I.L) is an incorporated private limited liability company with mandate to distribute and sale in the districts of Kasese and Rubirizi in Western Uganda under concession by the Government of Uganda.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
The Marketing & Procurement officer has responsibility for all areas of marketing, including sales, customer experience, public policy, media relations, promotion, web and electronic services and the corporate programs of a company. This among others will include the following:
- Oversee all aspects of marketing within an organization/company
- Conduct market research.
- Marketing and sale of shares on a large scale
- Carry out customer sensitization
- Evaluate customer service.
- Lead advertising and promotional campaigns.
- Liaise with other high-level corporate executives.
- Administer performance evaluations.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies.
- Increase revenue.
- Minimize operation costs and risks.
- Manage the Marketing and promotional budget.
- Prepare promotional and marketing reports.
- Present market research findings and utilize them for the benefit of the company.
2. Procurement Duties
- To lead the procurement program of the company
- To Review, analyze and recommend all purchases where award is not made to the bidder with the best evaluated offer to ensure justification exists and policy is followed.
- Review, analyze, research and recommend purchases of a non-competitive nature.
- Work involves coordinating and facilitating the acquisition of goods and services. Duties include reviewing requests and expediting the purchase of commonly used goods and services; and/or assisting higher level buyers in the preparation of bid invitations, the analysis of bids and the award of contracts.
- It shall also involve purchasing or contract procurement of a broad range of goods and services from items of common use to technical or scientific supplies and equipment.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· Bachelor of Commerce/Business Administration (Marketing Option). Additional qualification in procurement is an added advantage.
· Must be fluent in English, Lhukonzo and Runyakitara languages.
· Must have in-depth knowledge of Marketing principles and the factors that drive the consumer market, including advertising, sales, promotions, market research and customer service.
· Must be computer literate especially word and spreadsheets.
· Knowledge of national contract laws, regulations and procedures regarding Procurement.
· Knowledge of modern office methods and practices.
· Knowledge of purchasing methods and procedures in an assigned field.
· Ability to gather information regarding the type and specifications of merchandise needed by the agency.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, departmental officials and the public
· Ability to present detailed reports of findings and recommendations, both orally and in writing.
· Possess skills relating to customer care and Public Relations.
How to Apply:
Hand written applications, with CVs, recent photographs (pass port size), copies of certificates/testimonials should be addressed to:
The Managing Director,
Kilembe Investments Ltd,
Plot 47, Rwenzori Road
P. O. Box 341, Kasese.
Deadline: Friday, 15th February. 2013. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.