Duty Station: Kampala, Moroto, Gulu, Uganda
Type and Duration of Appointment: Fixed-Term Appointment (One year with possible extension)
Organisation: United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
Job Purpose: Under the close supervision of the Programme Specialist in the respective Zonal Office, the incumbent will contribute to programme planning, implementation, administration, monitoring and the evaluation of programme activities.
The incumbent will coordinate with programme partners and government officials to report on the situation of children and women in the communities and undertake follow-up action on programme implementation activities;
Collect and analyse programme data and prepare programme status reports as required; Assist in the preparation of the Country programme recommendation; Participates in capacity building for those involved in the programme.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- University degree in Social Sciences, or a related technical field.
- Two years of progressively responsible experience in programme design, administration, monitoring and evaluation in the field of Child Protection, Health and Nutrition, Water and Sanitation or Education.
- Fluency in English is required and strong written and verbal communications skill therein strongly desirable.
- Core Values (Required): Commitment; Diversity and Inclusion; Integrity.
- Core Competencies (Required): Communication; Working with People; Drive for Results.
- Functional Competencies (Required): Formulating Strategies and Concepts; Analyzing; Applying Technical Expertise; Learning and Researching; Planning and Organizing.
How to Apply:
- ONLY Ugandan Nationals will be considered.
- UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applications will be considered only if accompanied by an updated CV and P11 form, as well as the most recent performance evaluation report.
- If applications are sent by email, please clearly indicate the position applied for and use this order to name your file attachments: Firstname_Lastname followed by document e.g. Gold_MukasaP11 or Gold_MukasaCV or Gold_ MukasaApplication.
- UNICEF is a smoke free environment.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Applicants interested in the above position should send their resume to:
Human Resource Specialist,
UNICEF Kampala, Uganda,
Plot 9, George Street,
P.O. Box 7047, Kampala-Uganda.
Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline is 21 January, 2013