Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Reach Out Mbuya Parish HIV/AIDS Initiative (ROM) is a PEPFAR/ CDC supported community- based NGO that was established in 2001 with the mission: “To curb the further spread of HIV infections by educating all residents of Mbuya Parish about HIV/ AIDS, and to enable those who are already living with HIV/AIDS to live a responsible, positive, and dignified life.”
ROM delivers comprehensive services through four satellite clinics and multiple mobile outreaches and public private partnerships within Kampala and Luwero. ROM seeks to recruit a dynamic, self-motivated wellqualified person to fill the position below.
- Management Information Systems Supervisor
- IT Officer
- Registry Team Leader
- Offer support to M&E services in Kasaala
Job Summary: To manage monitoring and evaluation activities in ROM ensuring that the core and support activities are being performed in an effective and efficient manner.
Key Result Areas:
- Efficient, effective and high quality M&E tools, frameworks, systems developed and maintained.
- Staff, budgets and procedures well managed.
- Coordination of M&E programs effectively managed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop periodic monitoring and evaluation work plans and budgets
- Developing and implementing M&E system for ROM including developing close working relationship with department heads and other key stakeholders (including donors) to establish a shared vision
- Developing the framework and procedures for the evaluation of programme and project activities as well as developing and implementing cost-effective and efficient data collection systems
- Take lead in reviewing and ensuring that ROMs strategic plan is in line with the national trends and growth of ROM
- Developing and implementing a central M&E data management system (including identification, implementation and oversight of necessary IT support/tools)
- Undertake data analysis and timely reporting for all relevant purposes (e.g. annual report, donor reports, Board)
- Coordinate and provide technical input into other ROM programmes where M&E expertise is of relevance (e.g. targets and indicator approach for scaling-up the impacts of the sustainability
- Guide in the development of databases for all departments and support in their implementation
- Advise on ways of improving the performance of ROM, using information obtained from the monitoring and evaluation exercise
- Provide effective leadership to subordinates ensuring succession planning while maintaining good teamwork among them
- In liaison with the internal auditor carry out ROMs program audit
- Render proper accountability for resources used in the Monitoring and Evaluation Department
- Produce timely analytical and descriptive reports on ROM operations, in accordance with established guidelines and facilitate performance reviews
- Assume other related responsibilities as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Masters’ Degree in Statistics, MPH, Epidemiology or related field, Added advantage; PGD in M&E or related field
- Monitoring and Evaluation of programmes
- HIV related data analysis and reporting systems
- Project Planning and Management
- 3 years in Middle or senior level management position in M&E in similar organisation
- National HIV/AIDS policy, National HIV/AIDS Strategic Plan, National M&E policy,
- Knowledge of current trends of HIV/AIDS-related indicators, locally and internationally
Key Skills Required:
- Programme M&E
- Advanced relevant computer skills
- Leadership skills
- Coaching and training skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
Other Necessary Qualities/Attributes: Creativity, Visionary, Persuasiveness, Alertness, Reactivity, Self drive, Empathy, Decisiveness
How to Apply:
Interested persons should submit their applications together with a detailed curriculum vitae, a day-time telephone number(s), and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of at least two referees; as well as copies of professional certificates and testimonials to:
Human Resource Manager
Reach Out Mbuya Parish HIV/AIDS Initiative
P. O. Box 7303, Kampala,
Physical Address: Plot 1 Boazman Road, Mbuya 11(Next to Our Lady of Africa Church, Mbuya)
Deadline: 14th December, 2012.