Job Title: Commodity Manager
Organisation: World Vision Uganda
About World Vision:
World Vision (WV) is a global network of people committed to enhance the well-being of children everywhere by empowering families and communities to overcome the challenges of poverty and injustice.
Job Purpose: The Commodity Manager -World Vision Uganda will provide technical and direct management oversight of all the food aid programmes in Uganda with a view to ensure quality food programming, systems and procedures and accountability within the framework of World Vision and donor standards and guidelines.
We are looking for a visionary leader who can combine strong business disciplines with inspirational leadership skills in line with our values and ethos. You will have a passionate desire to help others, especially children.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provide strategic programming and system support for the food aid program including assistance with project design, proposal writing, budgeting and fund raising with WFP, US Department for Agriculture and Support Offices.
· Ensure proper food handling and accountability systems are in place including the maintenance of all required records and documentation and installation and operation of Commodity Tracking Systems (CTS) & Last Mile Mobile Solution (LMMS) in every food aid project site.
· Provide technical support to the food aid programme and ensure that implementation is according to World Vision Commodity management and programming procedures.
· Establish/ maintain effective reporting system to produce timely and accurate commodities reports to World Vision Uganda, Food Programming Management Group (FPMG), donors and to other partners.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience Required:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economic Development, Social Sciences or in other related field.
· Extensive exposure to food aid programs management, minimum 5 years preferably with international experience.
· Adequate knowledge and experience in food aid programs and donors standards appropriate to the management of the food programs.
· Knowledge of the SPHERE standards, Code of Conduct for Red Cross/ Red Crescent, Humanitarian Accountability Partnerships (HAPI) and other international humanitarian standards
· Extensive experience in supervising staff and conducting capacity building workshops.
Could you fulfill this vital, challenging and rewarding role and be part of this life-enriching experience?
How to apply:
For specific details regarding the position, please refer to the full description and apply online by the closing date. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline: 05 Nov 2012