Job Title: Pharmacy Logistics Officer
Organization: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Duty Station: Uganda
Vacancy Code: PLOPACT-002
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to “Strengthen Health Systems in Africa with strong emphasis on Infectious Diseases through Research and Capacity Development”. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment, Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening Programmes.
Job Summary: The Pharmacy Logistics Officer (PLO) will support monitoring and provision of on-site technical assistance in logistics management to districts and health facilities according to Ministry of Health standards. He/she will ensure close monitoring of stock levels of antiTBs, ancillary medicines, TB related supplies and further ensure adequate supply of quality drugs, respond to dynamic changes in demand, manage increased volumes of commodities and minimize pilferage and misuse.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support health facilities to compile and submit their expected Ministry of Health periodic logistics reports.
· Develop and follow-upon activity plans developed with the district logistics focal persons.
· Support the health facilities with commodity quantification and order submission process in to the national web based TB ordering systems.
· Monitor the order fulfilment rates, months of stock and average monthly consumption of anti-TBs and ancillary medicines provided by the national ware houses as well as the lead time.
· Ensure submission and utilization of TB data from Real Time ARV Stock Status Reporting System for decision making.
· Support existing district structures to identify, assess and accredit health facilities to provide TB services with in Karamoja region.
· Support the implementation of national supply chain interventions namely Essential Medicines Supervision Performance Assessment and Recognition Strategy (EMSPARS) & TB SPARS to improve service delivery.
· Work alongside the districts to assistants in carrying out supportive supervision to lower health facilities.
· Develop the capacity of health care professionals through mentorships, Continuous Professional
· Development at district, health facility and community levels to enable adherence to the current treatment guidelines for TB management.
· Provide technical assistance in ensuring proper storage of anti-TBs & ancillary medicines at the units of dispensing.
· Strengthen pharma co vigilance interventions at health facility levels including documentation, monitoring and reporting of adverse drug reactions to national drug authority.
· Work with the districts to ensure health facilities attain the sawasawa certification of Good Pharmacy Practice from National Drug Authority.
· Maintain tracking sheets on the supported health facilities and provide reports on the following areas;
· Consumption reports from the various units in relation to patient number per regimen
· Basic supply requirements of the pharmacy & store
· Regularly report on identified challenges in the health units
· Monthly reports on availability of tools necessary to maintain logistics related records
· Participate in the medicine therapeutic committee meetings held in the health facilities.
· Support the functions of the respective IDI regional office storage units
· Performing other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) Pharmacy Logistics Officer job must hold a Diploma in Pharmacy and registration with the Allied Medical Practioners’ Council.
· At least two years’ experience in a busy HIV or TB clinical setting
· Experience in logistics management of TB commodities in an added advantage.
· Computer knowledge as well as good presentation, communication, and report writing skills
· Ability to work under minimum supervisions
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address. Email your application and CV to email@example.com
· IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
· Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
· Make sure that your application letter, CV (Not more than 4pages) and certificates are attached as one PDF document.
· Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject line of your email.
· Please note that if you DO NOT indicate the vacancy code as instructed above, your application will not be considered.
· Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
· Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main Campus College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 14th February 2021