Job Title: Applications Manager
Organisation: BRAC Uganda Bank Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Information and Communications Technology.
BRAC Uganda Bank Ltd launched on 25 April 2019 and attained its current status as a Tier II Credit institution following a successful background as the leading Microfinances services provider in Uganda. The lank operates 32 regulated branches and 131 satellite offices covering 84 districts in Uganda targeting Micro, Small. and Medium Entrepreneurs. BFIAC Uganda Bank Ltd promotes financial inclusion by extending financial services to unserved and underserved populations. especially women and youth as well as people living in poverty in rural areas. he Bank is operationally and financially self-sustaining with over 231,000 active customers and a loan book in excess of Ushs.175 billion.
Job Summary: The Applications Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day technical support of the core banking system. digital financial systems. and other server-hosted business applications. The role entails the controlled resolution of operational incidents and problems (deviations from planned or expected core banking operations), the drawing in of specialized expertise wherever appropriate, and the provision of advice and information aimed at minimizing the occurrence and impact of service incidents through process improvement.
The position holder will handle all aspects of application support in Production, Disaster Recovery, and Test environments as well as interpretation and delivery oi business requirements related to any change/addition to the application interface in our core and non-core systems.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or related field.
· ITIL V3 Foundation
· Oracle (OCA or OCP) is added advantage
· A minimum of five years of management experience in an ICT department in a busy commercial environment.
· Two years of experience in a Financial Institution
· Proven ability to handle pressure and work under stress in emergencies
· Banking experience or awareness of bank products. services, and business.
· Demonstrate ability and desire to learn core banking applications, infrastructure components, and other technologies.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should email their application letter, Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant academic documents, IN PDF format. mentioning the job title as the subject matter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resource and Training BFIAC Uganda Bank Ltd.
Deadline: 5th March 2021