Job Title: Programme Analyst, GBV/SRHR
Organization: United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Programme Delivery and Coordination Specialist
UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund, is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every birth is safe, and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA expands the possibilities for women and young people to lead healthy and productive lives. Since UNFPA started working in 1969, the number – and rate – of women dying from complications of pregnancy or childbirth has been halved. Families are smaller and healthier. Young people are more connected and empowered than ever before.
Job Summary: Under the overall supervision of the Representative and direct supervision of the Programme Delivery and Coordination Specialist, the Programme Analyst GBV/SRHR substantively contributes to the effective delivery of an integrated package of rights (SRHR/GBV/HIV) in West and Southwest Uganda with particular focus on refugee hosting districts.
The Programme Analyst will provide high quality technical inputs and be responsible for programme development, implementation, results monitoring, knowledge management, and policy advocacy in the area of SRHR, GBV, HIV and gender equality across the humanitarian development nexus. S/he will work to keep the mandate of UNFPA high on the agenda of the Local Government and of the Local Development Partners, optimize the allocation of resources, influence policies and improve consistency and effectiveness of UNFPA’s work in the region, specifically in refugee hosting communities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversees UNFPA programmes in West and South-West Uganda to deliver an integrated package of rights (SRHR/GBV/HIV), i.e. managing, monitoring and evaluating UNFPA programme implementation in the area of SRHR/GBV/HIV for women and young people across the humanitarian/development nexus. This includes analyzing factors affecting the achievement of results, recommending corrective actions and following up on recommendations; Providing technical support to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and coherence of program implementation; Ensuring necessary support to Implementing Partners and robust tracking of program implementation and financial expenditure
· Analyzes and interprets the political, social and economic environment relevant to SRHR, GBV, gender, and HIV in West and Southwest Uganda and identifies needs and opportunities for UNFPA assistance and interventions with particular focus on refugee hosting districts
· Contributes to effective coordination of programmes related to SRHR and GBV in the region by being actively involved in key coordination meetings at settlement, district and regional levels, and advocating for inclusion SRHR/GBV/HIV and gender priorities in district development plans and budgets
· Establishes and maintains mutually respectful relationships with Implementing
· Partners and duty bearers in the region. Provides technical support to partners when needed, including training on SRHR, GBV and Gender for service providers and NGOs/ CBOs
· Contributes to creation and sharing of knowledge by collecting data, synthesizing and documenting findings and lessons learned, success stories and best practices
· Keeps abreast of new policy developments and strategies, analyzes policy papers, strategy documents, national plans and development frameworks, and prepares briefs and inputs for policy dialogue, technical assistance coordination, and development frameworks
· Provides technical support to the development of relevant advocacy and policy documents to address SRHR, GBV and broader gender issues at the regional level
· Supports visibility and resource mobilization, including proposal writing, establishing and maintaining a network of donor and public information contacts and providing assistance in organizing and conducting donor meetings and public information events
· Participates in relevant humanitarian and disaster risk reduction planning and programming, including contingency planning and emergency appeal mechanisms, preparation of project proposals and resource mobilization for new initiatives in the area of SRHR and GBV in humanitarian settings
· Actively promotes and supports UN Reform/delivering as one initiatives and the UN Area Coordination in the region to strengthen coordination, coherence and efficiency in the programmes
· As appropriate, undertake other related duties as required
· Effective coordination and support to UNFPA programme delivery in the region
· Technical Support to district structures and Implementing Partners continuously provided as needed
· Adherence to UNFPA guidelines and policies in programme implementation
· Findings and lessons learned, success stories and best practices documented from the region
· Contributed to resource mobilization efforts in the area of SRHR and GBV in humanitarian settings.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Programme Analyst, GBV/SRHR job opportunity should hold an advanced degree in health, population, development, and/or other related social science field.
· At least two years of professional experience in programme/project management in the public or private sector.
· Substantive work experience in the field of Gender-Based Violence, Gender and/or Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights is preferred.
· Excellent communication skills and experience with management of multiple partnership programmes and humanitarian work is an asset. Specialized knowledge and experience within Health Systems Strengthening and SRHR/GBV in humanitarian response is desired.
· A thorough understanding of the UN system in general, and especially UNFPA mandate, its policies and operations and current development topics and political issues in Uganda will be an added advantage.
· Languages: Fluency in oral and written English is required
· Exemplifying integrity
· Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
· Embracing diversity in all its forms
· Embracing change
· Achieving Results
· Being Accountable
· Developing and Applying Professional Expertise/Business Acumen
· Thinking analytically and Strategically
· Working in Teams/Managing Ourselves and our Relationships
· Communicating for Impact
· Advocacy/Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
· Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
· Delivering results-based programmes
· Resource mobilization and donor relations
N.B: There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process. UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants who wish to join the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 24th January 2021