Job Title: Senior Environment Officer (Projects)
Organisation: Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (UETCL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Principal Environment Officer
Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (UETCL) is responsible for bulk purchase of electricity from the generating companies and selling the electricity in bulk to the distribution companies throughout Uganda. UETCL is also responsible for all exports and imports of electricity to Uganda.
Job Summary: The Senior Environment Officer (Projects) will provide the environment section with necessary monitoring capacity to implement environmental and social safeguards, health and safety monitoring and ensure statutory environmental compliance in all UETCL projects. The position located at Head Office, reports to Principal Environment Officer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinate the assessment of ecological impacts of proposed transmission lines and substations construction projects.
· Liaise with engineering staff to implement the health and safety requirements in UETCL and in accordance with the multilateral agencies regulations.
· Review EIA/RAP reports and advise on ecological issues of concern in on-going and proposed projects.
· Monitor the implementation of mitigation measures for ecological aspects in accordance with Environmental impact Assessments (EIA) reports in ongoing projects.
· Implement environmental audits required in substation. transmission lines and other Company installations and Monitor on-going projects in accordance with approved Project implementation Plans.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences, with a minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in a related field.
· A Post graduate qualification in natural resources management. environmental law, ecology, health and safety or Environmental and social impact assessment is desirable.
· Knowledge of the development policy frameworks at national level.
· Knowledge of; and experience with application of various environmental laws and policies in development projects.
· Knowledge of the environmental sector and particularly lead agency roles, mandates and how it blends with development regulation.
· Knowledge of environmental and social safeguards in development projects and donor guidelines and application thereof.
· Experience with undertaking environmental and social impact assessment and environmental audits in projects
· Working experience with engineering contractors, specifically assigned to monitoring Health and Safety at work sites
· Possession of a valid national driving license
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications enclosing photocopies of academic qualifications certificates along with their curriculum vitae indicating contact postal address. daytime contact telephone, or fax or e-mail and giving three referees to:
The Ag. Manager.
Human Resource and Administration
Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited
P.O. Box 7625. KAMPALA
Deadline: Friday, 26th March 2021