Job Title: Program Analyst, LEAP program
Organization: United Nations Volunteers (UNV)
Host Organization: United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UNWomen)
Duty Station: Uganda
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board.
Job Summary: Reporting to Programme Management Specialist Adjumani, and under the over all supervision of the UN Women Country Representative, the Programme Officer contributes to the effective management of the LEAP programme in the UN Women Adjumani Office by providing substantive inputs to programme design, formulation, implementation, and evaluation. The Programme Officer guides and facilitates the delivery of UN Women programmes by monitoring results achieved during implementation and ensuring appropriate application of systems and procedures and develops enhancements if necessary. The Programme Officer works in close collaboration with the programme and operations team, UN Women HQ personnel, Government officials, multi and bi-lateral donors and civil society ensuring successful UN Women programme implementation under portfolio.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Contribute technically to the development of programme strategies in the LEAP Programme.
· Provide substantive inputs to the design and formulation of programme/ project proposals and initiatives,
· Identify areas for support and intervention related to the programme.
Provide substantive technical support to the implementation and management of the LEAP Programme.
· Provide technical inputs to the annual workplan and budget,
· Lead the implementation of programme activities,
· Coordination of the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners,
· Review, coordinate and monitor the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports,
· Support training of partners on Results Based Management and monitor implementation.
Provide technical assistance and capacity development to project/programme partners.
· Coordinate and provide technical support in the implementation of the LEAP programme activities; develop technical knowledge products,
· Build and maintain relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the LEAP programme,
· Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and facilitate technical/ programming support and trainings to partners, as needed.
Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the programme/ project.
· In collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and the Programme Specialist Humanitarian Action, – collect, compile, analyse and share periodic data/ information on programme performance to inform continued programme efficiency and effectiveness,
· Provide analytic and strategic inputs to the Country office plans to ensure the GE/HA specific issues are effectively addressed,
· Collect and compile program activity information, evaluating progress toward achievement of work plans and related program outcomes,
· Ensure that aggregate reports are regularly prepared and submitted on time,
· Monitor progress of implementation of activities and finances using results-based management tools,
· Draft reports on monitoring missions, programme results, outputs and outcomes,
· Provide substantive inputs to the preparation of donor and UN Women reports.
Provide substantive technical inputs to the management of people and finances of the LEAP Programme.
· Monitor budget implementation and make budget re-alignments/ revisions, as necessary,
· Provide substantive inputs to financial reports.
Provide substantive inputs to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies.
· Provide substantive inputs to resource mobilization strategies; analyze and maintain information and databases,
· Prepare relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles,
· Participate in donor meetings and public information events, as delegated.
Provide technical support to inter-agency coordination on the LEAP Programme to achieve coherence and alignment of UN Women programmes with other partners in the country.
· Provide substantive technical support to the Program Management Specialist on inter-agency coordination related activities by drafting background reports and briefs.
Provide substantive inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts.
· Develop background documents, briefs and presentations related to the LEAP Programme,
· Coordinate and organize advocacy campaigns, events, trainings, workshops, and knowledge products,
· Coordinate the development of knowledge management methodologies, and products on the LEAP.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the UN Volunteers Program Analyst, LEAP program job must hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required.
· A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
· A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage
· At least two years of progressively responsible work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building.
· Experience in promoting the mainstreaming of gender equality and women’s empowerment in refugee response, disaster contexts and emergency situations is an asset.
· Experience of working in West Nile or Northern Uganda, including in refugee hosting districts is an asset
· Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
· Area of expertise: Development programme management, Monitoring and evaluation, Gender equality and the advancement of women
· Good programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills.
· Good knowledge of Results Based Management
· Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions, and present findings and recommendations.
· Good analytical skills
· Good knowledge of IASC Guidelines on Gender in Humanitarian Action, Gender and Age Markers SCR 1325, Sendai Framework on DRR, and CEDAW
· Ability to identify and analyze trends, opportunities, and threats to fundraising.
· Language skills: English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
· Age: 25 years and above
Competencies values: Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the United Nations Volunteers UNV in this capacity should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 18th March 2021