Organisation: Grassroots Transformation Initiative Uganda (GTI Uganda)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: WASH Coordinator
Grassroots Transformation Initiative Uganda (GTI Uganda) is a registered not-for-profit Organization incorporated with the major objective of providing institutional support to disadvantaged persons, participate in the direct relief of poverty, sickness, suffering, distress, misfortune, disability, destitution or helplessness to communities in Uganda.
Job Summary: The CLTS Officer is responsible for mobilizing communities for carrying out pre-trigger, trigger sessions and post trigger sessions, organizing trainings of sanitation committees, community champions, and ODF verification committees in the communities. They are also responsible for identifying the gaps and finding improvement opportunities for targeted areas and improving the hygiene practices and access to better sanitation hardware services. The CLTS Officer will use the Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) methodology and sanitation marketing in the implementation of the sanitation for Health project in Paicho Sub County, Gulu District.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Compiling a village specific CLTS triggering report (highlighting village baseline status, OD Maps, the trigger moment, trigger type registered, record of tools used, attendance by sex, declaration to change photo, action plans towards basic sanitation for all etc.)
· Developing work plans for hygiene promotion activities in the communities using the CLTS approach.
· Facilitating CLTS pre-trigger, trigger and post trigger sessions in the communities
· Monitoring the implementation of the pre trigger, trigger and post trigger sessions to identify gaps and facilitate the communities on how to find solutions to address sanitation gaps through community action plans.
· Forming sanitation action groups by drawing representatives from all the neighborhoods of the village, sub county and district. linking them to work with village WASH committee; ie Village Champions, Sanitation committees, ODF committees Linking the communities to sanitation hardware service providers (Engineers).
· Monitoring the impact of hygiene promotion activities, CLTS in changing community hygiene and sanitation behaviors.
· Facilitating MANDONA follow ups or collective action interventions with the communities
· Train the sanitation action groups on participatory monitoring and follow up Village Champions, Sanitation committees, ODF committees)
· Strengthening sanitation for Health district and sub county structure using CLTS methodology
· Sharing progress reports with local government, Parish Chiefs and WASH Committees officials
· Submitting weekly and monthly reports
· Any other duties assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Diploma/Bachelors or its equivalent in public health, social sciences, Environmental Health, Community Development and diploma or higher degree in listed Degree Fields.
· One to three years of experience in implementation of sanitation and hygiene interventions using Community Total Lead Sanitation (CLTS) and/ or Participatory Hygiene and Sanitation Methodology (CHAST) tools.
· Excellent analytical, interpersonal and effective communication skills
· Knowledge of computer applications, MS Office and Excel.
· Excellent training, mentoring and coaching skills
· Community mobilization and facilitation skills
· Flexible, proactive, results-oriented with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision and as part of a larger team.
· Fluent in English and Luo
· Possesses a valid riding permit and knowledge of road rules.
How to Apply:
All candidates should submit their applications via Email to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Human Resource Manager, GTI Uganda. Include a cover letter and CV (with 3 referees) Or by hand delivery to GTI-Uganda Offices opposite Cynabel Supermarket. Subject of email/envelope should include the position you are applying for.
Deadline: 1st February 2021.
NB: GTI Uganda is an equal opportunity employer; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by GTI Uganda.