Job Title: Data Officers (6 Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organization: Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau (UPMB)
Duty Station: Western (2 Jobs), Eastern (2 Jobs) and Northern Region (2 Jobs), Uganda
Reports to: Regional M&E Specialist
The Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau (UPMB) was founded in 1957 as a registered faith based Non-Governmental Organization under the Trustees Incorporation Act (CAP 165) as Registered Trustees of the Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau. UPMB brings together Protestant Churches in Uganda involved in Provision of Health Services. It serves as a link between Government and / or Development Partners and UPMB-Member Institutions and provides support to its members through capacity strengthening, coordination, lobbying and Advocacy, public relations and translation of government policies.
Job Summary: The data officer will report to the regional M&E Specialist and provide relevant support during implementation of M&E activities especially data collection, data quality assessments, EMR support and reporting. The data officer will manage a set of facilities, occasionally provide facility level support where relevant and support a number of regional activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide support to all sites in assigned districts.
· Support onsite mentorships, and data management functions at the facility including register updates.
· Support routine reporting exercises, weekly and monthly
· Coordinate temporary M&E data entry personnel to ensure timely EMR updates.
· Coordinate and assist data processing, including entry, verification and cleaning;
· Perform basic data analysis
· Support information use through use of the weekly surge dashboards
· Ensure regular data back up
· Liaise with the LSDA IT team for any support needed at the sites
· Provide other support to M&E team as needed
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Degree in Statistics, Demography, Computer Science, Social Science, Development Studies or related fields.
· At least one year of practical experience in data entry, analysis and managing databases.
· Familiarity with use of Microsoft Excel and Working knowledge of Health Management Information System (HMIS).
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons who wish to apply hand-deliver an application letter with a detailed CV and copies of your academic credentials, naming at least two referees to:
Human Resources Manager,
Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau,
Plot 877 Balintuma Road Mengo,
P.O. Box 4127
Deadline: 5th February 2021 by 12:00 pm