Job Title: Internal Auditor
Organisation: Uganda Wildlife Conservation Education Centre (UWEC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
Uganda Wildlife Conservation Education Centre (UWEC) evolved from an animal orphanage set up by the Game Department in 1952 as a sanctuary to care for; the sick, injured, orphaned wild animals, sometimes confiscated from illegal wildlife trade. In 1994, under the Trustees Incorporation Act Cap 147, UWEC was transformed into the Entebbe Zoo. Through the UWEC Act-2015, UWEC is now a fully-fledged statutory body under the Ministry of Tourism Wildlife and Antiquities by the UWEC Act, 2015.
The UWEC Act, 2015 mandates UWEC to; undertake Conservation Education, wildlife rescue, rehabilitation and breeding of endangered animal species among others.
Job Summary: The Internal Auditor will be responsible for developing, managing and directing the strategic activities of the internal Audit engagements in accordance with existing regulations and guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop policies and procedures for the internal audit division so as to provide guidance and governance framework of audit services at UWEC.
· Conducting compliance audits to determine whether UWEC’s activities comply with relevant laws and regulations.
· Prepare and present audit reports to senior management and Board Audit Committee and high light risky areas that require attention and follow up implementation of any actions agreed upon in line with UWEC’s audit guidelines.
· Reviewing UWEC’s risk management processes to ascertain that risks are correctly evaluated, reported and managed.
· Examine correctness of payment requests, completeness of documentation and certify requisition or, transactions for further processing.
· Verify receipts, match and undertake on-line reconciliation of invoices and Local Purchase Orders for goods and services procured prior to effecting payments.
· Compile accountability returns, verify and retire advance ledgers.
· Maintain primary financial records and up-to-date books of account.
· Prepare periodic reconciliations of financial statements and carry out monthly cash book reconciliations to bank statements.
· Verify payroll change requests and reports to ensure correctness of computations, payments and deductions; certify and follow-up approval and payment to beneficiaries
· Any other role as directed by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold an Honors Bachelor degree in Finance and Accounting. Honors Bachelor degree with a bias in Accountancy or Audit option obtained from a recognized awarding Institution Or Full professional qualification in Accountancy or Audit obtained from a recognized awarding Institution accredited by the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU).
· Five years of which 2 should be at senior management level.
How to Apply:
If you fit in any of the above rewarding and exciting positions, please submit your application together with a CV, copies of relevant academic documents, personal contacts, names and contacts of three referees. Please, indicate the position being applied for, attach them in one folder which should not exceed 25mbs and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Address Applications to:
The Executive Director,
Uganda Wildlife Conservation Education Centre
P.O. Box 369, Entebbe. Uganda
Deadline: 12th February,2021
Please Note: Only Shortlisted Candidates shall be contacted.