Job Title: Cashier
Organisation: Dwaniro Dairy & Livestock Farmers Co-Operative Society Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Accountant
Dwaniro Dairy & Livestock Farmers Co-Operative Society Ltd is a cooperative society based in Kiboga.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Receiving the Society cash (irrespective of its source) and paying-out it out as authorized and in accordance with DDLFCSL policies and procedures
· Handling all the transactions for the Financial services Department.
· Issuing receipts in respect of the Cash and cheques received from partners, customers, members and to fellow staff in case of refunds or other payments
· Ensuring that payments are made to the right people by verifying their identities and mandate
· Paying authorized persons and ensuring that recipients acknowledge receipt of the payment
· Ensuring the safety of the Cash, Cheques, Cheque Books, vouchers, stamps and all assets that are under his/her control
· Ensuring that the physical Cash or values of the cheques received are in agreement with the documents to support such transactions
· Ensuring that the physical Cash or cheques received are genuine
· Maintaining cash office tidy and organized
· Accounting for day’s transactions
· Promptly informing/consulting the immediate supervisor on any issues outside his/her scope and not to take any decisions on such matters without authorization.
· Ensure customer care and public relations.
· Any other duties assigned by the accountant or manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Diploma in Business administration majoring in procurement or accounting from a recognized institution.
· At least two years of working experience
· Readiness to work in the field.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should address their signed application letters together with their Curriculum Vitae and Academic Document in one pdf file to;
The Human Resources Committee,
Dwaniro Dairy & Livestock Farmers Co-Operative Society Ltd
P.O Box 54
Send the documents on Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 8th February 2021