Job Title: Accountant
Organisation: Windle International Uganda (WIU)
Funding Source: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Windle International Uganda (WIU) formerly Windle Trust Uganda is a registered INGO whose mission is to promote peace and development in communities through provision and coordination of Education and training for Refugees and people affected by conflict.
Windle International Uganda is the lead partner of UNHCR in implementing Education Projects in Uganda with close collaboration with the Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister.
Job Summary: The Accountant will support the department through the collection, processing, recording, reconciliation, analyzing and reporting of financial data, verifying the validity completeness and accuracy of the source documentation. The Accountant is responsible for ensuring all payments to both service providers and staffs are processed timely and with the required source documents movement of cash at the head office. S/he will be expected to maintain complete and proper records of revenue, expenditure, assets and liabilities and ensures the accuracy and integrity of financial information.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly financial reports for submission to Supervisor and authorized Officers within the set deadlines
· Maintain and file financial records and regularly post accounts data into Quick Books
· Update accounting records as and when transactions take place, and ensure that proper documentation is filed for each transaction
· Work with Project Staff during budgeting, Planning and Budget reviews/ realignments
· Conduct cash counts on a regular basis
· Provide feedback on budget verses actual expenses; monitor budget lines and advise key staff on status
· Make accurate journal entries in the available Accounting System
· Support the Accounts Assistants to maintain accurate books of accounts and database
· Conduct periodic planned Field trips for support supervision of related projects with the authorization of the Executive Director and the Finance Manager
· Assist in monthly reconciliations
· Other related job tasks as assigned/ delegated by supervisors
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold an Advanced Degree in Accounting or a related field is required; ACCA/CPA level 2 & above is highly desired
· At least two years of progressive related professional experience with reputable organization or Government Agency; Related experience in NGO or INGO Finance and Accounts Department is desired
· Strong track record of leadership and proven ability to produce demonstrable results;
· Extensive network within the development community;
· Field experience and willingness to travel to Field Locations for duty is a strong asset.
· Fluency in English with excellent communication (written and oral) skills is required.
· Keen analytical skills
· Excellent organization and coordination skills
· Proficiency in use of Quick Books Accounting Software is necessary
· Ability to work under pressure and to work with multiple conflicting priorities
· Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point Offices, etc.
· Must be result- oriented
· Working experience in the civil society sector;
· Excellent organization and coordination skills;
· Excellent negotiation skills;
· Verbal and written communication skills;
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 18th January 2021