Job Title: Water Source Engineer
Duty Station: Uganda
Whave is a Ugandan social enterprise working with communities, government, and civil society organisations to find and demonstrate solutions to poverty and environmental issues. Our team includes both local and international experts with professional capabilities ranging from engineering to social science.
About Whave Programme:
Whave implements a Safe Water Security Programme which develops a self-sustaining rural water service through a localized results-based financing and public-private partnership. Our approach includes rehabilitation of water sources, regular monitoring through a comprehensive set of indicators, operation and maintenance services for reliability assurance and hygiene and sanitation promotion. The aim is to improve health and productivity of local communities through a reliable supply of clean water and improved hygiene.
Job Summary: The Water Source Engineer will support the implementation of Whave’s project in Kamuli and Nakaseke to improve access to safe water in rural areas.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Take lead in assessing and technical rehabilitation of water sources
· Developing supply chains of spare parts stocks
· Build the capacity of local hand pump mechanics to maintain water sources
· In charge of developing maintenance schedules for water sources
· Keeping accurate records of costs and obtaining accurate records from mechanics
· Managing technical work by local hand pump mechanics
· Work closely with the local officials from the district and sub-counties
· In charge of the development and promotion of water treatment and other sanitation and hygiene technology
· Development of life cycle tools assessments
· The Water Source Engineer is also expected to provide admin support in addition to the above duties. This includes sharing your skills with other members of the team, general administration and keeping of accounts.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a Degree level education in engineering
· A minimum of three years’ experience installing and/or maintaining rural water sources in Uganda
· High level communication and interpersonal skills
· Lusoga / Luganda preferable
· Good computer skills such as knowledge of Excel and Word
· Ability to drive and ride a motorbike preferable
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs and covering letters to email@example.com. Please describe why this post interests you and why you think you can achieve good results in your covering letter.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline