Organization: Housing Finance Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Compliance
Housing Finance Bank was incorporated as a private company under the Companies Act in December 1967, the Bank has become a household name and has grown in leaps and bounds with a good track record among the pioneers of a mortgage lending. National Housing & Construction Corporation, a parastatal involved in real estate business has 5% shareholding and National Social Security Fund (NSSF) holds 50% and the Government of Uganda holds 45%. Today, the bank looks back with pride on the business accomplished in the mortgage lending business. Through innovation and placing emphasis on Honesty, Integrity, Efficiency and Customer care, Housing Finance Bank is the leader in the mortgage, holding a 90% market share.
Job Summary: The Senior Regulatory And Policy Compliance Officer will be tasked with monitoring the regulatory and policy compliance risk to levels within the Bank’s risk appetite and regulatory frameworks
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop schedules of all statutory and regulatory returns and monitor compliance with the filing of returns with the Bank’s Regulators within the required timelines
· Keenly review and update the Bank’s compliance obligations registers including the risk assessment of the obligations
· Carry out compliance audits on branches and departments of the Bank as per relevant regulations and bank policies.
· Perform compliance training needs assessments across the Bank, design suitable training programs and conduct trainings to address the information gaps.
· Offer technical support to the Compliance Champions
· Make follow-ups on the implementation of the recommendations to remedy identified compliance breaches
· Keep records of all regulatory returns
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Senior Regulatory and Policy Compliance Officer vacancy must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Accounting and Finance or a related discipline.
· At least three years’ experience in a Compliance or Risk Management role in a Commercial Bank
· Professional Qualifications in ACCA, CPA, and CIMA will be an added advantage.
· Strong operational risk assessment and IT skills.
· Business and financial analysis skills and understanding of the Financial Services Sector.
· Excellent report writing and presentation skills/ abilities.
· Good analytical thinking, creativity and proactive to change management.
· Possess good networking, communications and Interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the Banking sector are invited to send their applications including an updated CV, certified copies of all academic transcripts, certificates and testimonials, daytime telephone contact, and email address of both applicant, and three competent referees addressed to:
Head Human Resources, Housing Finance Bank, Plot 4 Wampewo Avenue; P. O. Box 1539, Kampala. Uganda.
NB: Only successful candidates will be contacted. All applicants who will not have heard from us within two weeks of closing date should consider their application unsuccessful.
Deadline: 5th December 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline