Job Title: Senior Officer, Systems Administration
Organisation: Uganda Communications Commission (UCC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Division Head Information Technology Services
The Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) was established to implement the provisions of The UCC Act 2013 Laws of Uganda with a principal goal of developing a modern communications sub-sector and Infrastructure in Uganda, in conformity with the operationalization of the Telecommunications Policy.
Job Summary: The Senior Officer, Systems Administration will plan, administer and coordinate implementation of information systems, databases and related peripherals to ensure optimal and continuous running of business applications, including user management and Business continuity / disaster recovery
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) Senior Officer, Systems Administration career opportunity should hold a Master’s degree in IT or a related ICT field.
· The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related IT, IS, or Computing fields
· IT Industry certifications, with specific bias to ITIL, Database Administration and Microsoft technical certifications
· At least four (4) years’ experience in Systems Administration and Networking / IT in a similar corporate setting
· Competency in planning, deployment and maintenance of MS Windows and Unix/Linux based systems – operation systems and Relational Database Management Systems.
· Skilled in administering Storage Area Networks and Virtualized Servers using VMWare.
· Administration knowledge of unified Communications solutions.
· Excellent communication skills
· Good interpersonal skills
· Initiative & Innovation
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with updated and detailed curriculum vita giving three references, copies of academic and professional certificates, postal address and daytime telephone contact addressed to:
The Managing Director,
ABS Consulting Group
Workers House, 1 Pilkington Road,
9th Floor, Southern Wing
P.O. Box 29526
NB: Please indicate the position applied for on the envelope (‘Application for the position of…….”)
Deadline: 16th December, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline