Job Title: Project Accountant
Organization: TechnoServe (TNS)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Financial Controller
TechnoServe (TNS) is an international non-profit international development organization founded in 1968. Its mission is to help entrepreneurial men and women break the cycle of poverty by building businesses that create jobs, income, and economic opportunities for their families, their communities, and their countries.
About STRYDE Program:
TechnoServe is implementing the second phase of Strengthening Rural Youth Development through Enterprise Program (STRYDE), a regional youth enterprise development program designed to enable 48,000 rural youth aged 18 to 30 years in Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda and Tanzania, have a more successful transition into economically independent adulthood, increasing their opportunity, ability and motivation to engage in income-generating activities. The overall goal of the program is to sustainably improve the livelihoods of rural youth and their households, ultimately helping them to become active contributors and financially independent members of society. A key strategy of the program is to deliver indirect training to the youth through partners such as Vocational Training Institutions.
Job Summary: The Project Accountant will provide overall financial and administrative management of the project. The person will work closely with respective project and country management team. The incumbent will be responsible for financial planning and oversight, budget analysis, accurate financial reporting and analysis, tax filings and ensuring compliance with organization and donor fund regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure adherence to TNS policies and Donor Fund regulations
· Ensure that all processes and procurements adhere to corporate policy, legal, contractual obligations, and donor regulations
· Prepare periodical budgets and participate in monthly bum rate calls with project team
· Review Purchase Requisitions, Invoices and all associated supporting documents for accuracy and completeness
· Ensure timely processing of staff/vendors invoices and payments, manage cash float and proper documentation of all financial records.
· Input data in the e-payment system and ensure that we exceptionally use cheques/cash payments
· Regular Update of Accounting Software and preparation of financial & management reports including tax re-imbursement reports
· Keenly review monthly reports from field offices/sub grantee and provide timely feedback and support
· Monthly reconciliation of Staff & field floats and update management on the status regularly
· Ensure accuracy of all financial documents, accurate coding and proper filing
· Preparation of statutory returns including VAT
· Support project staff on timely preparation of time sheets
· Support month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close
· Support the Senior Business Manager to ensure that project work plans and financial planning are in sync
· Share spending analysis and trends with project team members to help synchronize program and financial decision-making processes «
· Train and Support finance and non-finance project staff including the sub grantee personnel on Finance processes
· Coordinate and participate in periodical internal and external audit, follow up on all issues raised
· Regular update of the assets register and ensure that project assets are engraved as per the branding policy
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in B/Com, BBA, Finance or Accounts Degree majoring in Accounting.
· Full/part 2 professional qualification e.g. CPA, ACCA is an added advantage.
· At least three years of relevant experience in progressive not-for-profit organization or busy organization.
· Previous experience using e-payment system Proficiency with MS Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel & Accounting Software(s)
· Knowledge of donor rules/circulars is added advantage
· Proactive attitude, excellent attention to detail, specifically when working with numbers
· Strong analytical skills, and excellent judgment in problem solving and decision making
· Strong ability to plan, organize, prioritize work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
· Excellent interpersonal skills with a client-service focus, and respond to inquiries in a courteous and professional manner
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume (CV) via Email only to the Human Resources Manager: email@example.com. Please clearly indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email and on the application letter.
Deadline: 9th December, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline