Job Title: Programme Manager
Organization: Environmental Conservation Trust of Uganda (ECOTRUST)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
The Environmental Conservation Trust of Uganda (ECOTRUST) is a Ugandan NGO whose goal is to provide long term sustained funding for biodiversity conservation and environmental management. ECOTRUST has an established valued Niche in Conservation Financing, which consists of: Development & Promotion of Cutting edge conservation initiatives, Managing grants on behalf of donors, Establishment of Payment for Environmental Services Schemes, Building Public: Private partnerships and Land Trusts.
Job Summary: The Programme Manager is responsible for managing strategic programmatic initiatives of ECOTRUST guided by the Business/ Strategic Plans.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Take lead in the initiation and implementation of ECOTRUST programme /Project activities
· Establish and implement structures that support efficient capacity building, financial management and mobilize programme / project resources
· Document and publish best practices of ECOTRUST programmes /Projects
· Organize policy advocacy activities on key programmatic issues
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a Master of Science degree in natural resources management preferably in the area of ecology or any related field.
· A minimum of five years’ experience preferably with an NGO at senior management level and in rural development and / or natural resources management.
· Mission directed, Dynamic, Visionary, proactive with good sense of judgment or discernment.
· Personal Competencies: project development and management, Administrative, Strategic planning, Negotiation, Interpersonal, proposal writing (with evidence of having successfully fundraised for at least 2 programs) as well Leadership and team building skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications with updated CVs to the Executive Director via Email to: email@example.com , or P. O. Box 8986 Kampala or in person to Plot 49 Nakiwogo Road Entebbe. Uganda
Deadline: 10th December, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline