Job Title: Principal Labour Officer (Promotion)
Organisation: Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref. No.: HRM 52/272/01
Salary Scale: Uganda Government Scale U2
Reports to: Assistant Commissioner Labour Inspectorate
The Public Service Commission was established under the provisions of Article 165(1) of the 1995 Constitution. The Public Service Commission has a mission “To provide Government with employees of the right caliber, in right numbers, placed in the right jobs at the right time.”
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Initiating policies and strategies on employment and labour market information.
· In charge of developing regulations and guidelines for the public private and migrant workers.
· Offering technical guidance to licensed private recruitment companies and external agencies.
· In charge of enforcing of the Employment Act.
· Inspecting work places in the country and abroad.
· Training of workers, employers and the general public on labour standards.
· Keenly reviewing of labour policies, laws, guidelines, manuals, checklists and code of conduct.
· Carrying out research and statistics on labour and employment.
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences/Social Work and Social Administration, Arts, Human Resource Management, Statistics, Population Studies, Law plus a minimum of a Post Graduate Diploma in any of the above disciplines from a recognized University/Institution.
· Possess specialized training in Labour Administration.
· At least six years’ working experience, three (3) of which should have been served at the level of Senior Labour Officer in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.
· Personal Competencies: Demonstrated technical competences in Labour Administration, Good understanding of Labour laws, Good Analytical and basic skills in research, Team building, result oriented, planning, organizing and coordination, strategic thinking, good interpersonal and communication skills, advocacy and negotiation skills, ethics and integrity.
· Age: 28 years and above
How to Apply:
Applications are invited from suitably, qualified, serving Public Officers in Ministries/Departments/Agencies and Local Governments to fill the following vacant posts. Please fill in the Application Forms/Public Service Form No.3 (2008), download here, in triplicate and PSC Summary Form (one form), download here and send to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, P. O. Box 7080, Kampala. Uganda
The Application and Summary Forms are also obtainable from the Public Service Commission
Office, 2nd Floor, Farmers House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala or Ministries/Departments and District Service Commission Offices. Hand written applications are also acceptable. The Application forms should bear the title of the post followed by the Reference Number specified against the vacancy. The appropriate Advert Title e.g. “PSC Internal Advert. No. 3/2016” should be clearly indicated on the top of each first page of the Application Form No. 3 (2008). Applicants should attach three sets of photocopies of their certificates and testimonials. Applicants subsequently shortlisted for oral interviews shall be required to present certified copies and original of their academic transcripts and certificates at the time of sitting the Oral Interviews.
Applicants should attach three (3) recent certified passport size photographs and should apply for a maximum of only two (2) posts clearly indicating the first and second choice against the post applied for.
Deadline: 21st December, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline