Job Title: Manager Information Technology Risk
Organization: Housing Finance Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Risk Management
Housing Finance Bank was incorporated as a private company under the Companies Act in December 1967, the Bank has become a household name and has grown in leaps and bounds with a good track record among the pioneers of a mortgage lending. National Housing & Construction Corporation, a parastatal involved in real estate business has 5% shareholding and National Social Security Fund (NSSF) holds 50% and the Government of Uganda holds 45%. Today, the bank looks back with pride on the business accomplished in the mortgage lending business. Through innovation and placing emphasis on Honesty, Integrity, Efficiency and Customer care, Housing Finance Bank is the leader in the mortgage, holding a 90% market share.
Job Summary: The Manager Information Technology Risk will develop and monitor the implementation of independent IT risk assessment and report findings in line with regulatory requirements and the Bank’s policies and procedures
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Carry out Information System risk assessments in line with HFB security policies, regulatory requirements and adherence to best practices.
· Conduct security risk assessments for new and existing systems, applications and programs to identify weaknesses or security exposures and prescribe solutions to mitigate the risks Perform reviews and security assessments of areas such as operating systems, database management systems, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and web based applications.
· The incumbent will also identify and evaluate business technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement.
· Provide technical guidance over the general activities and concerns of the Bank’s information technology function including: governance, policy, control design, general operational effectiveness and internal controls.
· Develop and maintain an IT risk Register.
· Monitor and track IT risk events (Maintain IT Incident log) in line with the Bank’s policies and procedures.
· Regularly monitor and track issues and associated actions plans to closure. Identification and analysis of emerging IT risks.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering, or equivalent experience required
· Pursuing or completed Certification in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or other risk related certification.
· At least four years’ experience in information systems within a governance or risk culture
· Proven success in a role that emphasizes the following: IT Risk Management, Governance and / or Technical Privacy
· Broad knowledge in IT infrastructure, application development / SDLC and / or information security
· Strong project management skillset
· Industry experience in financial services preferred
· Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities
· Team orientation
· Keen attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the Banking sector are invited to send their applications including an updated CV, certified copies of all academic transcripts, certificates and testimonials, daytime telephone contact, and email address of both applicant, and three competent referees addressed to:
Head Human Resources, Housing Finance Bank, Plot 4 Wampewo Avenue; P. O. Box 1539, Kampala. Uganda.
NB: Only successful candidates will be contacted. All applicants who will not have heard from us within two weeks of closing date should consider their application unsuccessful.
Deadline: 5th December 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline