Organization: Belgian Development Agency (BTC) Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Belgian Development Agency, BTC, mobilises its resources and its expertise to eliminate poverty in the world. BTC contributes to the efforts of the international community and works towards a society that provides present and future generations with sufficient resources to build a sustainable and fair world. BTC currently supports more than 200 cooperation projects and programmes in 18 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. In the future, BTC’s efforts will focus on 14 partner countries as a result of a decision made by the Minister of Development Cooperation.
Job Summary: The Information and Communication Technology ICT Officer will provide IT support to BTC’s programs in Education and Health. The ICT Officer will be working in support of the Representation office and the implementing projects and programs. •
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure that BTC Uganda has functional IT systems such as server, email communication, good work stations
· Offer first line support for ICT problems and manage external providers for second line support.
· Define an optimal but realistic ICT strategy for BTC Uganda
· The incumbent will introduce an IT policy in Uganda on back-up, anti-virus, software use...
· Advice and coordinate the procurement of ICT equipment for the several interventions
· Give input/support for special project activities related to ICT: for example advice on school management IT system, health IT systems, mobile platforms...
· Offer support in online communication, websites, social media...
· Actively participate in analysis and advocacy toward improved access to ICT and internet for BTC’s beneficiaries and partners.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a University degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
· Additional certifications in the area of ICT is of an additional advantage
· A minimum of five years’ proven experience in IT support of a mid-size organisation
· Possess advanced knowledge of windows operating system, Microsoft package, Microsoft, anti-virus software, database management...
· Working knowledge of digital communication platforms such as websites, online collaboration tools, social media...
· Previous experience in server management, network management and data sharing solutions for offices
· Open minded and flexible person
· Excellent communication skills
· Hands-on attitude
· Responsible and trustworthy person
· Ability to work independently
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a copy of cover letter, updated CV (Resume) with copies of academic and professional certificates as well at least 3 (Three) recent referees with their contacts addressed to;
BTC Uganda Human Resources,
Plot 1B Lower Kololo Terrace,
P.O. Box 40131, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 9th November 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline