Job Title: Imports Coordinator
Organisation: Appliance World Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Appliance World Ltd is one of the largest organizations in Uganda dealing in consumer electronics (refrigerators, microwaves, audio products, televisions, and washing machines), commercial air conditioning and mechanical ventilation, mobile phones, computers/network monitors.
Job Summary: The Imports Coordinator will liaise with the authorized suppliers of Appliance World Ltd as it has been, shipping agents, shipping lines/forwarders and freight agent. The incumbent will also ensure that proper documentation is done on time for goods to reach their respective destination. In addition, you will ensure that goods are warehoused/ex-warehoused following the set terms and conditions of both Appliance World Ltd and Manufacturers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of coordinating with the Sales and Marketing Manager in order to get the orders for the month, so that you are aware of the number of containers/tons for that month.
· Ensure timely communication with the suppliers so as to get invoices processed accordingly.
· You will communicate with the shipping lines/forwarders to get freight rates by sea or air and this should be done on a monthly basis.
· Negotiating rates and nominating suitable forwarders putting into consideration the port of loading, price and transit time involved.
· Constant communication between the freight agent and the suppliers to ensure that goods are loaded and reach their respective destination on time.
· Ensuring that relevant documents are received in time for custom clearing purposes.
· Constant communication with our clearing agent to ensure that goods are warehoused/ex-warehoused in the quickest manner possible.
· Calculate the customs duty and VAT in accordance with URA regulations and ensuring that all taxes are paid in time in order to have goods released quickly.
· Proper filing of all relevant documents such as invoices, packing lists, bills of loading etc. You should be in position to provide any document that will be asked for during your operations.
· Opening up of letters of credit through our banks.
· Payment of OA dues to LG and payment of import loans to our banks have to be done on time in order to avoid inconveniences to our operations.
· Provide weekly and monthly reports to management giving information on the status of all consignments which is later used to evaluate forwarders, clearing agents and shipping lines.
· Ensure that any divergences from Appliance World Limited’s work standards and procedures are reported either to the Sales and Marketing Manager or General Manager for attention.
· Ensure that work is completed on time and the standard of work is as recommended.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience: The applicant should have significant experience in liaising with importers, exporters, shipping agents, shipping lines/forwarders and freight agents
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their updated CVs via email to email@example.com. Your cover letter should be the email itself and your CV should be attached in Word or PDF format. The subject line of your email should be the job title followed by your name, eg Imports Coordinator – Allan Nsubuga
Deadline: 10th December, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline